How many of you fellow Canadians are SILVER level powersellers?

customcharmsonline
Community Member
I saw a story on a toronto woman on the news tonight and it was talking about her Ebay career blah blah blah and then something caught my attention. The news reported stated that she was on of just a few Canadian Ebay sellers at the Silver powerseller level.

Zaaa? Only a few? Am I that priveledged??

If you're silver, drop a note on here, I want to see how many there really are out there! I thought there would be a bunch!!

Hope :O)
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: How many of you fellow Canadians are SILVER level powersellers?

thebidwatcher
Community Member
"Compared to eBay U.S.A., our Canadian site really does offer us nothing in return for our business"

I hang out there all day and I have yet to see any gravy. Although I would like to get a business card holder!

Thanks for your kind wishes.
Message 21 of 52
latest reply

mapleleafcollectibles
Community Member
You know, anything really would be nice. I thought I heard about a group dental & medical insurance plan for our American counterparts...if you need it, it's a great idea. We sure could !

For my family, eBay is our full-time business - plus we have a full-time employee.

It seems like all we get from eBay is rate hikes (probably coming again soon) and isn't Canada Post raising their prices again ?? 🙂

We didn't even get a free-listing day this past boxing day, Instead we got a 10 cent insertion day.

Wouldn't it be great if Powersellers actually got a rate decrease to say "Thanks!"...or imagine a FLD for Powersellers only...now that's an idea.
Message 22 of 52
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Wouldn't it be great if Powersellers actually got a rate decrease to say "Thanks!"...or imagine a FLD for Powersellers only...now that's an idea...

No can do... something about a "level playing field".

FLD's are overrated. A total flooding of the system with fluffery and a big trap for features when it comes time to relist.

If you want a cool freebie, get on the blower with a board pink and paricipate in an eBay Voices event. You get real inside info and a backpack full of loot.
Message 23 of 52
latest reply

mapleleafcollectibles
Community Member
A couple of years ago, we were chosen as the first "My Story" on eBay Canada. As a thank-you we received the backpacks filled with the t-shirts, mugs, pens, koosh balls, babeball hats, magnets... etc.

It was a nice token, but you're right - more important than the freebies is the inside info and the connections and business relationships you make within the company - some of whom have really come through for us over the years when we needed help. (I think even before the powerseller hotline was ever established). We have had the pleasure of dealing with some really helpful eBay employees in the past, both in Toronto and Salt Lake City - it's just a matter of reaching them when you need them.

Anyways, as for the freebies - I am pretty sure that the British sellers chosen for "My Story UK" receive a nice bottle of Champagne..

a glass of Champagne would be nice right about now... 🙂

bidwatcher: Who is the Collingwood PS you are looking for? As far as I knew, we were the only Powersellers in town? Obviously I am wrong as it's not us that you are looking for !!!

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
I am looking for ANY Collingwod PS's!

We have a place in Thornbury.

I like to meet for lunch and go to auctions or whatever while my family skis and snouwboards at Alpine. ((((shudder))).

e-mail me baby!
Message 25 of 52
latest reply

*pinballoutlet.com*
Community Member
Hi we are also located in Toronto. We are at the silver level and hope to change level soon. Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to all of you.
Message 26 of 52
latest reply

tpman99
Community Member
Same here.... Silver but I think will be gold in January just becoz of higher than usual sales the past 3 months.... Dont see any benefit except that 24 hour hotline which I have had any reason to use... Would be nice to get free boxes or significantly better shipping rates 😃
Message 27 of 52
latest reply

tpman99, do you incorporate sales taxes on your items into the purchase price of the item?
Message 28 of 52
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
mapleleafcollectibles

Nice feeback .........I thought you high feedback guys....never hit the Canadian Board
Todd
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 29 of 52
latest reply

mapleleafcollectibles
Community Member
Hey Todd:

Who has the time 🙂

No really, I used to lurk every once in a while, and finally decided to post.

If memory serves, weren't you one of the guys (months ago) that was offering all of the help regarding Canada Post reps, shipping help info, etc... If so, I remember if as being really great information ! As for us, we don't have a CP rep, an account with them or anything... My husband simply takes the mail to the post office every day. We usually ship between 60-100 pieces daily.

We operate under 16 different user id's. MLC has the biggest feedback, german-cards second.. but many of our other id's also have feedback numbers in the high hundreds/low thousand. As you know, it's a lot of work, but totally worth it.

As for the high feedback guys not hitting the Canadian board, do they all hang out on the U.S. board??? If so, why??
Message 30 of 52
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Hey mapleleafcollectibles,

Yes we're the same way, no rep, no nothing, we just take our packages to the post office, if we did it ourselves, fine we would save 15-25% but i would have to hire someone full time just to input the packages through Canadaposts system online. We also do about 50-100 daily with our 3 user IDs. 2 our IDs are Gold and the other...nothing.

Happy New Years...just getting ready to go party
Moez.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Yes that was me ...;-)
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 32 of 52
latest reply

grafimax
Community Member
Hi folks!

I'm relatively new on Ebay and work hard to grow my new buisness in musical instruments. I left my Real Estate agent carreer last month to be on Ebay FULL TIME!..:) I'm Silver powerseller and possibly next month : GOLD! ...:) I'm only 28 years old, and think I will doing buisness here for many many year again! Ebay is so great!

Keep in mind: Be honest, work hard, watch what's happen on your competitors sales and you will do the best buisness!

Happy new year for all of you! Good sales!

Max... B-)
Message 33 of 52
latest reply

mapleleafcollectibles
Community Member
momosworld:

I totally agree.

CP's system is great for sellers that ship smaller amounts. For us. it is just not worth the time.
Message 34 of 52
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Well, as predicted I got my silver status back this morning in a nice emailed notice from eBay. Not bad from almost loosing Power Seller status totally last October due to a somewhat sabatical from selling on eBay for the summer and early fall.

Malcolm

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

thephonemall
Community Member
Wow Nice to see all you Canadians here- I rarely come to the boards. I am also a Silver Powerseller- Based in Alberta.
Here's a question for all you Canadian PS's - How do you deal with Taxes? Having to charge your customers tax is a pain.. considering eBay doesnt have a tax field upon checkout makes it even more of a pain. What do you do?
Message 36 of 52
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
I encourage my customers to let me create a PayPal invoice and include Provincial tax with Shipping Insurance and fully explain that is where I reflect PST and GST together.

Charging customers tax is not as much pain as my having to pay it so I dont have any problem.

Should a customer forget to pay the tax or pay the PayPal invoice that eBay / PayPal generates without the tax reflected I hold off shipping until I am paid.

There was a time when I shipped and included a reminder in my invoice that they still owed the tax and I would send out payPal reminders for the tax owed if needed.

I was content in the beginning doing as everyone paid the forgotten tax almost immediately until I had 3 people in a row, never pay the tax so I now have a firm policy of wating until the item has been paid 100% (item cost, shipping and tax).

Malcolm

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
I am a silver as well. It is a tough job to stay there.
Message 38 of 52
latest reply

lynxamania
Community Member
Silver Power Seller here from Vaughan (GTA) ON
Message 39 of 52
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Silver here!

Monique

Monique

Message 40 of 52
latest reply