How to decorate my eBay store?

As a basic eBay store owner, how can i make my eBay store more beautiful and attractive to customers? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to decorate my eBay store?

You are doing pretty good right now.

Your titles are clear and specific. Your pictures from your supplier's catalog are clean and clear.

Those are the things that draw in customers.

There are a couple of spelling errors and typos in your text.

Availability is limited. If you are interested in buying more please contact me and order one month in 

advance.

I'd lose this statement. You are saying that this pricey scarf is easy to find and combining retail with wholesale. Actually the problem here is dropshipping. You don't have any idea of how many items your supplier has in stock, how many sellers he has on file, and even what the quality of the items is.

For most sellers, dropshipping from overseas seems like easy money. But those three points make dropshipping one of the hardest ways to make money. A low feedback seller cannot shake off even a single negative or low DSR stars.

Consider ordering the items you want to sell, having them in stock and shipping them from your own location. This puts you in control, not your supplier.

For adding some pretty to your listings, check out Auctiva. They have some free HTML coding that will give you nice backgrounds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree with the other posters (so far).  Your store looks fine -- clean and easy to read.  Sometimes simple and streamlined is best. 

If you do make changes, I'd wait awhile and introduce them slowly, i.e. don't change the entire appearance of the store at once, as that can sometimes upset people, throw off your "brand", and lead to buyers clicking the "back" button if things look completely unfamiliar or too difficult to wade through.

By the way, I've used Auctiva for years and I like their listing management/photo storage services, their listing frames and scrolling gallery features.  Auctiva is getting better at making those features compatible with mobile and they seem to run a very professional operation, with good customer support. 

However, be aware that Auctiva now charges a base rate of $2.95/month (it used to be free), with additional charges added for any extras you use, so you need to factor that cost into your monthly expenses.  It may not be worth it if you're just getting started, but may be something you could consider adding later. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You are doing pretty good right now.

Your titles are clear and specific. Your pictures from your supplier's catalog are clean and clear.

Those are the things that draw in customers.

There are a couple of spelling errors and typos in your text.

Availability is limited. If you are interested in buying more please contact me and order one month in 

advance.

I'd lose this statement. You are saying that this pricey scarf is easy to find and combining retail with wholesale. Actually the problem here is dropshipping. You don't have any idea of how many items your supplier has in stock, how many sellers he has on file, and even what the quality of the items is.

For most sellers, dropshipping from overseas seems like easy money. But those three points make dropshipping one of the hardest ways to make money. A low feedback seller cannot shake off even a single negative or low DSR stars.

Consider ordering the items you want to sell, having them in stock and shipping them from your own location. This puts you in control, not your supplier.

For adding some pretty to your listings, check out Auctiva. They have some free HTML coding that will give you nice backgrounds.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would leave the store and listings as they are now. Many people buy while on a cell phones and too much html clutter makes it more difficult for them to read. The scrolling gallery that you have near the top can also affect the look of a listing on a cell phone.

I checked a few of your listings and you have shipping only within Canada. I would suggest that you set up shipping to the United States as well so that people shopping on .com can see your listings too.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I agree with the other posters (so far).  Your store looks fine -- clean and easy to read.  Sometimes simple and streamlined is best. 

If you do make changes, I'd wait awhile and introduce them slowly, i.e. don't change the entire appearance of the store at once, as that can sometimes upset people, throw off your "brand", and lead to buyers clicking the "back" button if things look completely unfamiliar or too difficult to wade through.

By the way, I've used Auctiva for years and I like their listing management/photo storage services, their listing frames and scrolling gallery features.  Auctiva is getting better at making those features compatible with mobile and they seem to run a very professional operation, with good customer support. 

However, be aware that Auctiva now charges a base rate of $2.95/month (it used to be free), with additional charges added for any extras you use, so you need to factor that cost into your monthly expenses.  It may not be worth it if you're just getting started, but may be something you could consider adding later. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When I am buying or looking at items on ebay , I absolutley hate the scolling bar being at the top of the listing.  I sign on to look at a specific item and am distracted by other ads.  Just an idea......

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. Your words really gave me great encouragement. And I understand that the statement about limited availability is not applicable. I just didn't finish changing each item's description with that sentence.

Your suggestion is also good. I will consider just selling what i have. Starting is difficult, but i will do my best.

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Simple and streamlined is best. I like this sentence. It is encouragement for me. Thanks for your suggestion and information. Since Auctiva has charges I may try it later when necessary.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply