How to open a case if used CC on PayPal but not signed into PayPal?

mimzy21
Community Member

I received only partial shipment due to stock miscalculation and delay in restocking from supplier. That was fine - the seller has been communicative, supposedly shipped remainder - just a week ago - but it hasn't arrived yet. Tracking number entered shows only that info was submitted; no further activity - i.e. no pickup/drop-off, not en route. Today is the 45 day cut-off. But eBay Resolution center only leads me to PayPal Resolution - except trx can't be found there because it seems like I wasn't logged into PP when I paid using CC! There is no choice to resolve within eBay? I know there is no 'money-back guarantee' on the Cdn site... 

I am quite willing to wait longer, giving buyer benefit of the doubt, (only been a week), but wanted to keep the option to claim if it finally looks like I've been scammed. Is my only option in this case to go thru my CC provider with a chargeback to PayPal? I'd really rather resolve it 'internally' within eBay and/or Paypal rather than go over their heads, but their systems aren't letting me proceed to open a case.

If I leave negative feedback now, can I request it be removed if the remainder does finally arrive?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You paid through Paypal from your credit card.

The partial order used Delivery Confirmation.

The remainder order also uses Delivery Confirmation but has not been noted as recieved by the post office.

Ask the seller for the shipping date on the remainder, politely remarking that it does not show as recieved. If I were harsh (which I often am when I'm hungry) I would think your seller is a little scattered, so it is possible that she hasn't taken it in, but (Boss came by and gave me a cupcake. I'm happier now.) equally possible that the post office skipped the recieved step.

I know there is no 'money-back guarantee' on the Cdn site... 

Not a guarantee but there is a process. Unfortunately, because the partial order has been recieved with Delivery Confirmation, an Item Not Recieved dispute would fail.

it seems like I wasn't logged into PP when I paid using CC!

No. Most sellers do not have credit card merchant accounts. That's why we use PP.

The reason you can't open a UID is that the partial shipment shows as recieved.

But you used a credit card to pay, with PP as the mediator. Good.

Do allow more time for the second parcel to arrive. Don't allow this to go beyond the 60 day deadline for feedback.

If it does not arrive by then, you can leave appropriate feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

Then, go to your card and as you thought start a chargeback for the portion of the shipment that has not arrived.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm not sure how that works if you paid directly with a cc rather than with a cc through Paypal. Have you phoned Paypal to ask about it? 

As far as feedback...you have 60 days to leave feedback so why not give the remainder of the order some more time to be delivered before you go that route.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'mimzy',

Is this about those little sponges?  Based on that seller's feedback, there seems

to be a problem with people not receiving all their items.

So you may receive the rest of your order, or you may not.

In either case, there is nothing ebay/paypal will do for you if you paid with a credit card.

"Day 45" has nothing to do with it.  You've obviously seen this link about items that

don't show up:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

But that only applies to payments from a paypal account, whether the money comes out of

your bank account (e-cheque) or from the credit card you have on your pp account.

It sounds like you've just made a straight credit card payment, so your only option is to call

the 1-800 number on the back of the card to inquire about a chargeback.

Well, when you feel it's necessary, that is.

Since there is nothing ebay/paypal will do for you no matter what day this is, you have little

to lose by waiting another week.  The transaction is not 'transferable' to your paypal.

When the rest of your order arrives in Canada, it should enable you to see it here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

And filing a chargeback is not 'going over their heads'.  It's just the way the whole system is

set up.  Paypal accounts, --> Resolution Center.  Straight credit card purchases, --> chargeback.

If your payment is refunded, the money will go back on to your card and appear on your statement.

It may well be that paypal returns the payment, but it goes back on your card.

As for leaving feedback, - If your items finally arrive, well, that's positive, isn't it.  But as you cannot

change the feedback, (the seller has to initiate a revision, although I doubt you'd have trouble getting

a request to change a negative) why not wait a little longer?

You have 60 days in which to leave feedback, and no time limit on replying to any you received or

any you have already left. 

Best of luck.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply