How to use short free listing promotions, rather than regular free monthly listings?

I was happy to see the 100 free listings a day for a week promotion, and was going to go on a listing spree.  However, when I tried to list my items it doesn't use those free listings, it just takes them from my normal free monthly listings.  I only use free listings, so I spread out my listings to 7 per day.  Basically if I can't use these 100/day listings FIRST, they are totally useless to me. 

Any idea how I can use these promotion listings, rather than my regular free til the end of the month listings?

Any help would be appreciated, especially as I've already missed out on the 100 free listings from yesterday.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to use short free listing promotions, rather than regular free monthly listings?

In the past, when a promotion has been working properly, it automatically takes the free ones out of the promotion and saves the 500 for later.

This promo seems to be full of glitches. I still haven't been able to click to accept the offer. The page just goes blank.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: How to use short free listing promotions, rather than regular free monthly listings?

Do you get 500 free monthly listings? I get 200 total, 100 for ebay.com and 100 for ebay.ca.  They are for some reason listed in groups of 50. 

I wonder what it's based on.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Most likely you did not read the terms of the listing promotion carefully.

The listing promotion details says

The Promotion excludes the following: 1-day and 3-day listing durations, relisted items or items listed in the fixed price format, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, and Classified Ad listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded: Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

So if you try to use Relist option on UnSold items, they do not qualify for this listing promotion.

To get around the no Relist term, use Sell Similar option instead of Relist option. This create a fresh listing that is not a Relist.  Sell Similar is used by sellers to create a new listing from an old one and change the details for another item. However, if you do not change anything then it is an exact copy like Relist except it is not a Relist as far as eBay is concerned.

It is very silly of eBay to put the no Relist in the terms of a promo since it can be so easily worked around. Why do they bother with it?

From a seller point of view, it is just annoying. You have to keep track of what you did using Sell Similar since it does not flag the item in UnSold as relisted. It takes more care to delete Sell Similar items from UnSold since there is no visual indication that it has been relisted like Relist does.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@cutepaperstory wrote:

Do you get 500 free monthly listings? I get 200 total, 100 for eBay.com and 100 for eBay.ca.  They are for some reason listed in groups of 50. 

I wonder what it's based on.

art-in-the-making has an eBay store at the premium level which has 500 free listings a month. art-in-the-making can list on both eBay.ca and eBay.com and get 500 free listing on each site for a total of 1,000.

You have a non-store with 100 free listings, 50 for fixed price or auction listings in the majority of eBay categories and 50 for auction only listing in a minority of eBay categories. You get 100 (50+50) if you list on eBay.ca and 100 (50+50) if you listing on eBay.com USA.

Here is a link to the eBay.ca Canada fees and terms for non-stores

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html

Here is a link for the eBay.ca Canada fees and terms for a store seller

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It is very silly of eBay to put the no Relist in the terms of a promo since it can be so easily worked around. Why do they bother with it?

It is easy to work around but it does create a logistical problem because afterwards you have a lot of items showing "not relisted" but in fact you have relisted them but as new items. So then you have to figure out a way to ensure that you don't accidentally relist them again and dduplicate listings listings.

Not the end of the world but a factor.

As for why they do it - good question! It must increase the number of ongoing listings at least a bit I guess.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Because most sellers will either be unaware of the workaround and add NEW listings instead. Which is what eBay wants, to freshen up the site.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply