I DON'T SEE MANY BIDS FROM EUROPE , ARE WE GETTING ANY EXPOSURE IN EUROPEAN SITES ? SALES SEEMS FLAT

SALES AT E-BAY SEEM FLAT . I WONDER IF WE ARE GETTING ENOUGH EXPOSURE  FOR SELLERS WHO SHIP TO EUROPE ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I DON'T SEE MANY BIDS FROM EUROPE , ARE WE GETTING ANY EXPOSURE IN EUROPEAN SITES ? SALES SEEMS FLAT

nan*55
Community Member

Until a month ago ,I was getting many sales from Europe and Australia. Than it abruptly stopped 😞   I have no idea why.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You seem to have a shipping problem with the eBay shipping in your listings. I looked at your listing and the following small items have no shipping cost internationally (You ship to Canada, USA, UK, Germany) except for Canada. So you shipping is not set up correctly.

Most likely you should be using Canada Post Light Packet USA and International. Are you using calculated shipping? You may have dimension problems so check your minimum dimensions for the service that you want.

Having a shipping cost will make you visible to the eBay.com USA main search and in UK and Germany.

Test your listings bu putting in a Postal Code for Canada and a Zip Code for the USA and select other countries to test shipping.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Why are you limiting your overseas to the UK and Germany only?

Then you don't actually provide shipping rates except for within Canada?

Change to Worldwide and add shipping rates (one for USA and one for the rest of the world) and you will get International sales. Without these things you will get very few.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

One other thing....

Drop the all caps here on the board and likewise get rid of the giant all caps font in your listings!

It's really annoying for most people and difficult to read.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hi Nan, same thing here. I actually asked Kalvin on the Weekly Discussion Board Hour today. He checked my items on ebay.uk and on ebay.au and said they were showing and are set up correctly. I don't think I have had a UK or Australian buyer for about 2 months. I used to get them all the time. I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with the Cdn. dollar?

I did just get a buyer from Japan so I am being seen overseas, just no buyers from UK, Europe, Australia and NZ. Very strange!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use "ship to worldwide" if you want to sell to every country.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

We ship worldwide but exclude places that are obvious trouble.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I talked about this about a month ago. It was checked and apparently I haven't had enough sales of some items to put me high enough in search to be seen easdily if at all. That being said, how can I get sales if I am not seen? Funny how I get most of my sales from Canadians so they see my stuff. I used to sell 75% US 20% Canada and 5% overseas. My sales have plummeted and only 10% outside of Canada now and I did check every single one of my listings. The shipping had changed on some of them when they were relisted and did not show outside of Canada so I fixed that a month ago and still nothing.  It is all how the search engines are set up and don't they get that if we can not be seen then there are no sales and therefore no FVF for them?  Just another black mark for Ebay I figure. I am getting more sales on other venues than here and it used to be my biggest  I'm kinda sad about it really.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

me too and if you search your topic from another computer without signing in you won't find you listings easily.  Its just another way to get us little guys off ebay

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

unless you specify each and every ship to country it won't show up on their search boards. They changed that about 2 years ago. Just putting ship worldwide doesn't help one bit

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

It is all how the search engines are set up and don't they get that if we can not be seen then there are no sales and therefore no FVF for them? 

That is what I have found.  Right now I have a whole bunch of listings that have had no sales in 16 months...on FP.  I HAVE sold many of them on auctions which tend to get better exposure.  If the FP listings don't get immediate sales they slip farther and farther back in Search never to be seen again.......

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@sheepgal54 wrote:

unless you specify each and every ship to country it won't show up on their search boards. They changed that about 2 years ago. Just putting ship worldwide doesn't help one bit

I'm sorry but that isn't true. At one time, a seller would specify worldwide shipping but not have any shipping prices listed outside of their own country or if they did, they were in the body of the listing, not in the shipping area. When they made the change that I think you are referring to they said that if you set up the shipping area to show international shipping prices, you 'might' be shown on other sites in the same area as their domestic sellers rather than under international sellers. You could still specify worldwide shipping but you needed to have prices set up. 

When did you notice lower sales?  It might have something to do with the way the search system works now so you might want to consider changing a few of your titles to see if different search words make a difference.  I know little to nothing about wool but aren't many of those words that you have in your title words that are always used to process wool? I did a search on ebay uk for carded sheep wool and just got a couple of results from domestic sellers...the same was true for roving.Are those words that people use to search for wool? Perhaps you could add in the type of sheep that the wool is from or for the multi color listings you cold list some of the colors in the titles?? Or at least put the colors in your items specifics. Apparently mobile users are more likely to see the item specific section than they the description section. Using  keywords in item details may help you in search.

I did get more results on ebay australia using those words and quite a few of your listings did show up in the top part of search.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:

It is all how the search engines are set up and don't they get that if we can not be seen then there are no sales and therefore no FVF for them? 

That is what I have found.  Right now I have a whole bunch of listings that have had no sales in 16 months...on FP.  I HAVE sold many of them on auctions which tend to get better exposure.  If the FP listings don't get immediate sales they slip farther and farther back in Search never to be seen again.......

When you have listings like that I think that it is a good idea to redo the listing from scratch and make some changes in it. Hopefully, that will make search think that it is a totally new listing.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply