I bought an item and now the seller emailed me and said the shipping is 15.00 more,

bby308
Community Member

the original shipping price he posted is 4.99 from tor. to wpg, what can I do to make it right,

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I bought an item and now the seller emailed me and said the shipping is 15.00 more,

Tell him that if he is unwilling to stand by his advertised price, that he should refund you and send you a request for a Mutual Cancellation.

New sellers in particular sometimes guess at how much it will cost to ship within Canada. But if a packet is greater than 2 cm thick it cannot go by letter rate, which is the same price across Canada, but must go Regular Parcel which varies in cost by destination.

If he is a new seller (fewer than 5 feedback for selling) and you really want the item, you could offer to split the difference, but you are not obliged to do so. It is his responsibility.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

he mailed me back and switched his ad, to 15.75 shipping from 4.99, but was all paid how can he do that a week later, his rating is 99.5

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'bby308',

Basically, the rule is that sellers must ship or refund.  They are not allowed to increase

shipping costs post-sale.

Could you post the item number?  From the listing page, you will find it down on the right side.

It helps others to see the listing to better understand what is happening.  We are allowed to

post the item number here.  We are not allowed to post the seller's user ID.

Yes, it amounts to the same thing, but there it is.

$4.99 seems too little for just about anything, unless it is small and lightweight.  Once an item

no longer rides for the Lettermail rate, the postage costs shoot up sky high.

Have you mailed a parcel to a friend or relative lately?

So yes, chances are your seller is new and made a mistake.  Maybe he meant to type 14.99

but left off the 1.  Friendly, pleasant communication should enable you to sort it out.

If he switched his ad, as you say, it sounds like he merely goofed the first time. 

If you already paid, you must decide if you are willing to pay more or would rather just cancel

the whole thing and get your money back.

What was that item number again? 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply