I can't leave feedback for a bunch of things I've bought

I purchased a drive enclosure  on September 14, 2014 and it failed about two weeks ago; I sent a message to the seller (no reply to date) and then thought it might be a good idea to post feedback. I used to be very diligent about feedback, but I've so rarely had any issue with either product or seller. I was surprised to find that I can only leave feedback for very recent purchases, which is very different from the way eBay has worked since I started using the site about 10 years ago. 

The product in question is very shoddy, and when it failed, I was very concerned that the increasingly erratic connection had damaged my drive (both power and data are provided on a single cable).

I feel obligated to warn other prospective purchasers that this is an inferior product, that it was the solder that held the data/power port to the logic board that failed. I can't find any way to do that.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I can't leave feedback for a bunch of things I've bought

EBay and Paypal's Buyer Protection program ends after 45 days.

You cannot post feedback after 60 days.

If either you or the seller has already posted feedback, you can add a Response indefinitely.

I've been here since 2001 and feedback has been 60 days in all that time. The indefinite Response is relatively new, maybe five years.

However.

Most eBay sellers are not agents for the manufacturer. And most warranties are from the manufacturer.

If the product failed, you should get in touch with the people who made it.

Be aware that most manufacturers will not stand behind their products if the product was not purchased from an authorized dealer.

It is also possible that the product is not what was advertised but a counterfeit. This is particularly true if it was made in China. The manufacturer in that case may be registered with eBay's VeRO program.

Five months is a long time, but you could also try calling the credit card you use to back your Paypal account. (PP is just the mediator) Ask about chargebacks. While most chargeback programs end after 90 days some are longer though rarely more than 120 days.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply