I feel stupid today..I can't get shipping rates measurement to change...lol

Hi all, I am just doing a listing and trying to change from metric to imperial measurements for the shipping calculator but it won't work for me...am I missing something here???

ty   :):):)

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I feel stupid today..I can't get shipping rates measurement to change...lol

I looked at this option just yesterday.  There was a "lb" click on feature below the metric measurement feature in the "print a label" section  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had no problem with the Sell Your Item form changing from Metric to imperial measurements. The option to do this is in the Add or Remove programs in the Give Buyers Shipping Details section.

I noticed that this section has changed and has the dimensions and weight in a new area after the shipping options. So I would suggest that you log out of eBay and clear your computer browser cache and temp files. You may be picking up old SYI temp files or cookies that are interfering with the the new way.

I always clear out my cache and temp files before each browser session to minimize issues with eBay.

PS You should use metric measurements because Canad Post is metric. Using imperial measures gets converted to metric and rounded up when you use that feature in eBay listings. This can cause your listing to charge more because it is slightly larger and slightly heavier.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

thanks for the replies 🙂

I have to admit that I don't know my metric :8}

I will try logging out & in again

I always clear cookies etc...everyday usually

may have to take a metric course online & wise up 😉

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No need for a metric course since all that you want is to measure dimensions in cm and weigh in kg.

Have a dual imperial/metric ruler/tape and a dual scale for weight. Let the ruler and scale do the converting for you.

After a while, it is no problem and you start to get a feel for the metric units since you daily use it for eBay.

I grew up in the 60's so I learned imperial system. I had to use metric occasional until I started on eBay 4+ years ago. Then I had to learn metric to be more accurate at shipping.  After daily use, metric is easy to use now.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

shamugal
Community Member

Just google for "in to cm" or "cm to in" doesn't really matter with one.

On top of the search result page, you'll get this really easy to use conversion app.

Just punch in the number on either side and you'll get the conversion.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

shamugal
Community Member

or  lb to ...

or oz to

or bushels to

or pecks to

or pennyweghts to

or hand to

or farthings to