I finally sold a CDN $ listing to a US buyer, things are looking up, LOL

17 Sold this month.  Off .com 7 sold all to US buyers.  Off .ca 10 sold, 8 to Canadian buyers, 1 international and finally this morning a US buyer.  

Normally when I listed in US $ on .ca, my sales were 80% to the US so considering, I have only sold one, that is pitiful.  But hey, that one, ebay will say my sales are great using CDN $.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

But your Canadian buyer sales were 8 of 10 on eBay.ca Canada or 80%. In real numbers  (not percentage which is misleading) is 8 Canadian sales normal, low or high? Is overall sales on eBay.ca normal, low or high. Is 17 sold overall on eBay.com and eBay.ca normal, low or high?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

17 sales by this time is low.  I should have about 30 sales by this time of the month maybe even more, since I have about 400 listed more than I did last year this time.  For the month I should have around 50 or more since I have more listed and reduced all my prices. 

Looking at last April 2015, I listed solely on .ca US $.  I had 689 listed and I sold 55 CD's in April 2015.  30 were to US buyers and 15 were to Canadian buyers and 10 were international.  For that month, 55% were sold to US buyers.  Every month is different, but the point is that the majority of my CD sales are to US buyers.  

I am not complaining about the Canadian sales, they are fine, I am complaining about the US sales on the listings with the Canadian $.

I know from my personal experience that when something I want shows me English pounds or Australian $, I press back. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay dosnt care but they will. When they separated from PayPal stocks went from an all time high of about 64.00 to half and have been there since,when they announced the Cad listing policy it dropped again.

There is never going to be any decent sales for Canadian sellers listing in CDN Its not the just conversion,its also the traffic filter.

We all know there's a switch ebay uses this based on how much you spend on your listings.

List in Cdn and have a basic store kiss your sales goodbye you are now a minority.

I have done the Cdn listings twice and know for a fact the traffic count is down 75% I use #twitter and pin everything and think my only views are search engines .

I followed a lot of Canadian dealers and have seen them stop listing overnight and this will get worse.

When my store subscription runs out im gone ill pay for a quality site like ruby lane and get equal share of the traffic in my preferred currency and ship how I decide.

I'm tired of the dictatorship route Ebay has chosen with controlling every aspect of the seller and siding with crooked buyers every time, not another minute will be wasted creating new listing by me.

i'll take my Canadian money and frozen butt to a site that gives a flying bleep and blissfully list in the worlds most recognized currency and complain about all the shipping i have to do .

Rant over i hope you have better luck then me.

#ebaycanadiancurrencypolicylostsales

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have also noted a serious drop in sales since converting to canadian dollar listings.

Quite a substantial drop in fact. I went from 37 sales in the first half of march to 7 sales in the first half of april....

I also dropped the price of my items at the beginning of april when I was converting my listings.

As if being a canadian seller wasn't already hard enough eh? ......

Honestly, I still can't figure out the reasoning for making us list in cdn funds, or making us buy stuff through the global shipping program.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Global shipping ha thats something eh I buy porcelain quite a bit and every time its been through global shipping its been damaged due to repacking by hem great for ebay they take there cut and the seller takes the losses.

Since listing in CDN ive had less views then i had sales last month. 

Auctions are a farce now and i watch cdn auctions for deals on vintage and sadly watch them go without any bids which is unheard of.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay dosnt care but they will. When they separated from PayPal stocks went from an all time high of about 64.00 to half and have been there since,when they announced the Cad listing policy it dropped again.

So this is a good time to buy eBay stock?

Then when it goes up again, since the company continues to make money, and never distributes profits as dividends, it will be time to sell. And none of that activity makes a blind bit of difference to the actual workings of the company.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply