I list calculated shipping to everywhere. Why are U.S. buyers expecting free shipping??

Apparently my listings are showing up as Free Shipping to U.S. on mobile sites. I have buyers backing out when I tell them the cost to ship. First time it happened, I ate the cost figuring I had made a mistake. Second time and third time, winning bidder backed out. I am selling to make money not lose money. What mistake am I making? Should I list a flat rate shipping to U.S.?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I list calculated shipping to everywhere. Why are U.S. buyers expecting free shipping??

xeposter
Community Member

Somehow, you have your shipping set to Canada Post to the US...it tried to charge me $8.67 when I switched everything to .com/US and clicked the BIN button for this item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182084792548.

It wasn't showing me free shipping for that.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  I have been reading about this off and on on the US discussion boards that it is an eBay glitch that keeps occasionally reoccurrng -- apparently it has nothing to do with how you set your shipping as a seller, but rather how mobile using buyers see it on their phones so it is kind of out of the sellers control. (nice, huh).

On the up side, eBay acknowledges this bug it and if you phone them, you could get any FVF fees reversed, but what a pain in the neck, I feel for you!

Here are just a few of the many threads about it :

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Clothing-Shoes/Free-shipping-glitch/td-p/2763498

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Ebay-is-giving-my-Buyers-Free-Shipping-I-am-not/m-p/235...

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

xeposter
Community Member

Somehow, you have your shipping set to Canada Post to the US...it tried to charge me $8.67 when I switched everything to .com/US and clicked the BIN button for this item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182084792548.

It wasn't showing me free shipping for that.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Okay, that is good to know. I listed all my items using my tablet and all options are not always available. I will use the pc from now on to list. I had a shirt for sale that came up on my pc fine but free ship on my tablet. Buyer decided to back out. 

Thank you.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You are very welcome. If you have any other questions, be sure to post them 🙂

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Just had a look at the wonderbra you are selling with our USA account and it shows a $6.54 US shipping cost to USA (our address is in ND).

Our Canadian account shows $10.43 US shipping to Canada for this same item.

Both looked at with windows 7 64 sp1 pc using firefox 45.0.2

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Maximus-- I think a Wonderbra (which is lightly padded) would be too thick for Canada Post Lettermail. Certainly if it was in the original box.

So the  $10.43US/$13.55CDN shipping would be about right. It might be a little cheaper - by a loonie or so- if Expedited was used instead of Regular Parcel.

tinascloset-- Even if you list with a tablet, it is a good idea to double check your listing on a laptop or desktop as soon as possible. The mobile app is -- quirkier than a Manic Pixie Dream Girl at Burning Man.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  I have been reading about this off and on on the US discussion boards that it is an eBay glitch that keeps occasionally reoccurrng -- apparently it has nothing to do with how you set your shipping as a seller, but rather how mobile using buyers see it on their phones so it is kind of out of the sellers control. (nice, huh).

On the up side, eBay acknowledges this bug it and if you phone them, you could get any FVF fees reversed, but what a pain in the neck, I feel for you!

Here are just a few of the many threads about it :

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Clothing-Shoes/Free-shipping-glitch/td-p/2763498

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Ebay-is-giving-my-Buyers-Free-Shipping-I-am-not/m-p/235...

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Wow, that has to be a nightmare for the sellers that get it. If it happens too much, bang, the sellers start getting neg and neutral fb about the order being cancelled.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for checking, I was starting to think I was losing my marbles.Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, I'm pretty sure my current listings are ok, its my last 3 "sold" items that gave issue. The joe fresh shirt especially, I couldn't figure out my mistake. I will call ebay and see if I can recoup my fvf.
Thanks so much everyone who responded! I feel relieved.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ebay.ca and ebay.com are not integrated in a seamless way.  Same accounts can be very buggy between the two.

Stick with one site, and recreate each listing.

If you created it on ebay.ca, but relisted on ebay.com it will create problems.

Emails from ebay.ca redirecting you to ebay.com don't help either.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@pmchu52 wrote:

Ebay.ca and ebay.com are not integrated in a seamless way.  Same accounts can be very buggy between the two.

Stick with one site, and recreate each listing.

If you created it on ebay.ca, but relisted on ebay.com it will create problems.

Emails from ebay.ca redirecting you to ebay.com don't help either.

Many sellers have items on both sites. Note that there is nothing wrong with using both sites.

The .com site is great for listing items in USD and .ca is great for listing items in CAD...

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply