I'm going blind looking at the new style for the discussion boards

It's been a couple of days now for me, does anyone else see the new style for the discussion boards? Large, vivid blue type for the topics that make my eyes water against the white background. (and don't show anything differences between already clicked link topics and new ones.)  And the pop up text, when you hover over the topic, has a transparent background so it blends in with what's already on the page - many are completely unreadable. And that horrible bile coloured background on the main post when you do click into a topic - hard on the eyes to read any of it, and very hard to read links. Overall, just horrible.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I'm going blind looking at the new style for the discussion boards

I suspect the problem is at your end.

Are you using a computer, a tablet or a cell phone?

If using a computer, try using a different browser - Firefox or Chrome.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Well, I'm glad I posted! I'm looking at this on Chrome (I use firefox normally) and it's blessedly normal! Time to clear the cache, I guess, and hope I can get firefox back the way it should be.  Thanks!!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I use Firefox (as a default) and it works fine.

Maybe your cat walked on your keyboard and changed some settings! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I hate clearing the cache, because I hate having to log back into every site that I look at.  But sometimes it's worth it - it worked!  So relieved.

(It must have been a ghost cat, maybe my computer is haunted. No living cat, or child, or even keyboard cleaner, ever touches my computer lol)

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Well, be thankful, my dear husband was vacuuming and decided to vacuum my keyboard, it took me hours to set it all up correctly again!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Are you sure you were on ebay.ca and not ebay.com? The dotcom boards are a mess of pics and stuff. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Are you sure you were on ebay.ca and not ebay.com? The dotcom boards are a mess of pics and stuff. 

I am using FireFox with addon AdBlockPlus to block most ads. There is an addon for AdBlockPlus called Element Hiding Helper for AddBlockPLus. I used it on the eBay.com forums to hide all the useless stuff on their forum pages and have a simple, easy to read and look at forum similar to the simplicity of the eBay.ca forums. If I did not do this, I could not read their forums with all the useless noise around the topics.

The Element Helper is a bit tricky to use at first so it will take a bit of effort to figure out how to use it. It does make sense once you understand how to use it.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I am using FireFox with addon AdBlockPlus to block most ads. There is an addon for AdBlockPlus called Element Hiding Helper for AddBlockPLus. I used it on the eBay.com forums to hide all the useless stuff on their forum pages and have a simple, easy to read and look at forum similar to the simplicity of the eBay.ca forums. If I did not do this, I could not read their forums with all the useless noise around the topics.

The Element Helper is a bit tricky to use at first so it will take a bit of effort to figure out how to use it. It does make sense once you understand how to use it.

Thank you! I will have to look into that. Whenever I navigate over to their boards, I feel immediately as if I'm driving without a windshield through a hailstorm of cold, dead fish. Too much of anything and everything everywhere. You've given good, valuable advice. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Here is a screenshot of the eBay.com forum Tool & Apps topics list. Just the basics to see and click on. Not busy at all. Easy to read. And best of all, without all the fluff, it loads fast, the screen doesn't move around as things finally load in the busy page. You can actually process the topics quickly and move on.

Tools and Apps forum.jpg

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Compare to the before with all the fluff in the forum page.

Tools and Apps forum b4.jpg

Message 11 of 11
latest reply