I'm pretty sure I got scammed?

Normally I'm much more careful when buying here, but I just happened to have been in a mentally weakened state (due to events that have been happening today).

So I "purchased" this item that came to about $14 CAD or so, not much, and the item was immediately marked as shipped. So I can't cancel the order or anything, and if I want to complain about not receiving the item then I have to wait for the estimated shipping time to be up  I guess? Thing is, I need the item by a certain date. I could buy it elsewhere, but a little certainty one way or the other would go a long way. I don't know what to do.

I looked at the seller's reviews more closely after the suspicious shipping thing, and all their feedback seem to be from items in in the $1-3 ballpark. Also supicious.

Am I in crazy land? Is there anything I can do? I can't phone support because my living situation doesn't allow for making a lot of noise, even a phone call.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is not enough information in your post to express an informed opinion.

At first sight I fail to see a problem.  A seller marking an item shipped immediately is not abnormal.  I have  done that for years.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is not enough information in your post to express an informed opinion.

At first sight I fail to see a problem.  A seller marking an item shipped immediately is not abnormal.  I have  done that for years.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'minibeaster', 

<<I'm pretty sure I got scammed . . . . . .  Is there anything I can do?. . .>>

You only bought it a minute ago and already you think it's a scam?  I guess patience isn't really your strong suit, is it. Smiley Happy

At this point, all you can do is contact the seller and ask if there is any way to cancel the sale.  If the seller uses a

drop-shipping warehouse there is a good chance that the item has been pulled and packaged if not already dispatched

by the time you read this. 

Next time you find yourself salivating over an item, first place it in your Watch List by clicking the phrase:

Add to watch list  which is just under the buy button.  It will allow you a moment's reflection and when (and if) you decide

you are absolutely committed to purchasing it, then follow through with buying it.  

Items in your Watch List will stay there until the listing disappears, - could be years if the seller restocks.

<<if I want to complain about not receiving the item then I have to wait for the estimated shipping time to be up>>

Yes.  It is always best to wait until you have a genuine grievance before complaining. 

Paypal allows 180 days in which to file a claim, but even slow-poke items sent with cheapo post from China can

get to you in under 60.  (The last item I ordered from China took 51 days to arrive).

Have patience and keep in mind that if you needed the item in a hurry, that is not the seller's fault.

I wish you joy of your new gadget. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Alright, I'll just wait it out and hope for the best. It's mildly reassuring.

I'd just like to add that it's not that I'm impatient, in fact I can wait happily as long as everything's fine. I didn't know that immediately marking things as shipped regardless of whether it has/hasn't been was a thing. I'm not as experienced with Ebay as many are.

Rather, I can admittedly be a little skittish with suspicious behavior. So if these are normal practices, then good I'll just see what happens. Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks guys! *crosses fingers*

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There should be an estimated arrival date on your order details. Is the last estimated arrival date long before you need the item? If not, you might want to purchase the item elsewhere. It is always risky to buy something time sensitive online as there is never a guarantee that the item will arrive in time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply