I need some help with the Instant Transfer option.

Hi, guys. I'm no expert in this field and I've tried numerous searches on both paypal and ebay for an answer, but found none. For my paypal account, I ONLY have a bank account linked and I'm a verified user. Here's the issue:

A few months ago, I was able to use the Instant Transfer option to pay for items that I wanted to buy. I thought that was pretty cool because before then, I was only able to make payments via eCheck or if I had funds I added to the Paypal balance. Just yesterday I wanted to buy a game and I wasn't given the option of Instant Transfer.

So I'm wondering is there something I'm missing about this option? Like why is the Instant Transfer option suddenly not available, is it a glitch or actually something to do with my paypal account?

I'd really like to get some help on this.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re:I need some help with the Instant Transfer option.

Hi rupeeclinger.. Have no idea why that option was available to you without a credit card or paying from balance.

PP has always required a back up funding source in case payment is returned by bank. They charge the card.

Can you obtain a Visa/Mastercard debit card from your bank. Can be added and allows instant payment. Have to be sure bank funds are available.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you have a Credit Card linked to your Paypal back then.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, I didn't; I never had a credit card linked to my paypal account (I don't even have a credit card, anyway). I only have my bank account linked; according to Paypal's site, that right there is enough to be allowed to use the Instant Transfer. And as I said, I was allowed to use it a few months ago. Then, I try to buy a game yesterday and that option is completely missing. I don't even know what to say.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi rupeeclinger.. Have no idea why that option was available to you without a credit card or paying from balance.

PP has always required a back up funding source in case payment is returned by bank. They charge the card.

Can you obtain a Visa/Mastercard debit card from your bank. Can be added and allows instant payment. Have to be sure bank funds are available.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi, heidilynn. Yes, I was wondering the exact same thing a few months ago when the Instant Transfer option was available to use. It confused me because I also assumed I need a backup funding source, which i don't have (never had); I only have my bank account linked.

But I looked at Paypal's site and it says that simply linking the bank account grants me the Instant Transfer option, so I assumed it was normal.

PS: I didn't mean to select your answer as "solving the question". I chose that your answer helped (because it is helpful), but didn't realize it automatically marks your answer as the solution 😛

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you don't have a credit card, you can move money from your bank account to your Paypal balance. This takes a few days to clear the Canadian and US banking systems (PP is a US company).

Then when you pay for something from your PP balance, the seller gets the money instantly.

Paypal is used by many online sellers, not just eBay. I am involved with a science fiction convention (CAN-CON2013) and we take Paypal for the purchase of memberships and Dealer Tables.

However, a credit card would not tie up your money.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply