I paid for the item after finishing biding exact price Ebay requested from me. Now the seller incre

ashc6958
Community Member

I paid for the item after finishing biding exact price Ebay requested from me. Now the seller increasing the price due to changing the costs of delivery. So I have to pay the difference or the seller canceling my order and I will be waiting for money back. Original price for delivery  was  15EUR After finishing  biding Ebay gave me 25EUR Which I already paid and after that delivery increased till 35EUR Is that normal to do like that on EBay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Did you ask for a different shipping method other than wh...

Did you ask for a different shipping method other than what was listed? If so then the seller can ask for more money. However, if you chose a shipping method that is in the listing and it stated a certain price, you do not pay extra. The seller is not supposed to ask for more money after a sale has ended.

Pay only the price showing in the listing. The seller cannot cancel a transaction without you selecting the Agree option. If the seller has sent a transaction cancellation, select Decline and pay only the purchase price plus shipping shown in the listing by clicking the Pay Now button. If the seller refuses to ship and refunds your money, leave appropriate feedback.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Did you ask for a different shipping method other than wh...

Go back to the listing.

Go to the Shipping and Handling tab.

Insert Canada as the destination. Include your postal code if requested.

What does it say?

Is it still 15 euros?

Or was that for delivery IN EUROPE?

Does it now , with the corrected destination, say 25 euros? That is the most you have to pay.

Does it say 'contact seller for S&H fee? If you did not do this BEFORE BIDDING, the seller can charge you any amount she believes is fair. She can decide to use an uninsured surface service that does not confirm delivery. Or she can decide to use an Air Mail, Confirmed Delivery, Insured service, which is more secure for her but more expensive for you.

If you contacted her BEFORE BIDDING and got a firm quote, politely remind the seller of your mutual agreement. It may have been forgotten in the hurly-burly of closing the auction.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply