I sell CD's, would you offer a return policy, also have you ever used best offer?

Hi, I am just wanting to have some more info on returns and best offer from all the experience sellers.

I was just wondering if you would offer a return policy on CD's?   I do know if there was something wrong with it, by all means they could return it.  But without anything being wrong with it would you accept returns, buyer pays from return shipping.   When I get it back, I would be out the cost of the shipping and envelope shipped in.  What do you say?  I have read that offering returns puts you at a higher rank in searches.

Also what is your experience with best offer, does it cost anything (fees), would you recommend it?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I sell CD's, would you offer a return policy, also have you ever used best offer?

You offer returns no matter what you do - ebay's policy of 45 day returns supercedes yours.

So go with the flow - offer  a 30 day return, no hassles.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I offer a 14 day return on my books. Which is, like CDs, enough time for a sketchey buyer to read it. But most people are honest.

For the Best Offer, I don't use it, because to my mind it makes me look unsure of the value of my merchandise.

In your field, prices are pretty low and there is lots of supply.

If you believe your product is special (some of my books are not available anywhere else in the world), then why encourage lowballing?

If they are relatively common, then you have to set your prices to cover your costs and a small profit because you can't make money on volume alone.

I would as much as possible offer Free Shipping- that does seem to attract buyers, especially within Canada where I think CDs should go Letter Rate (under 2cm under 500gr), and shipping from the larger US market can be ridiculously high due to paranoid sellers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I offer 14 day returns on my cd's & vinyl, I even offer to pay return shipping. While I frame my policy so that it may appear that I only accept returns for defects or mis-ships under eBay rules a buyer could return for any reason and on my dime.

I have never had a return other than a handful of defects, they were all cheap items which I replaced or refunded without requiring the actual return of the item.

If you are afraid that buyers may copy your cd's and return them I think it's very unlikely to happen, anybody who wants to do that sort of thing can simply find a free download.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply