I want out the global shipping program it has been nothing but problems. I would hate to leave ebay.

4 REPLIES 4

I want out the global shipping program it has been nothing but problems. I would hate to leave ebay.

Not every seller is enrolled in the Global Shipping Program.

For one thing it is only available to sellers shipping from the USA. The program was meant to encourage American sellers to sell internationally by making it simpler for them and by making it harder for scammers overseas to make fake claims.

So buy in Europe, Canada, Australia, even China without worrying about the GSP.

The GSP shows on any listing and even in Search as "Customs services and international tracking provided". Avoid those.

If you can't live without it, and the seller is enrolled, you can BEFORE BIDDING  let him know how much the program will cost you, which is stated in the listing, and ask if he will ship USPS instead. Let him know that USPS First Class International to Canada is now Delivery Confirmed, which may be the reason he signed on with GSP in the first place.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi kinglloyd. 

Are you a Seller who is looking to opt out of the program? 

If so here's how:

To opt out of the Global Shipping Program:

--Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences. You may be asked to sign in.

--Click the Show link to the right of the Shipping Preferences section on this page.

--Click the Edit link to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Program.

--Click on the Opt Out button. 

Hope that helps. 

---Ben

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This week I contacted a seller asking them to ship outside the Global Shipping Program. They said they would do this. I went ahead and bid and won the item. Today they tell me that they are not able to invoice me! They said because I am signed up for the Global Shipping Program as a buyer this is not an option. The seller cancelled the transaction.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 5 of 5
latest reply