I win I pay they wont ship, no help from ebay representative

nbabe1
Community Member

Happens almost everyday. I win an auction, I pay, then seller refuses to ship because they say its worth more. I contacted several ebay by phone, they never helped. I was told more then once by representative that its a binding contract....but they(ebay) allow sellers to cancel purchase and don't force the seller to respect auction. This is about cars, or furniture, or clothing, or anything from toys to cards to vaccum cleaner.

Is ebay a joke now? in 2 montsh it happens so frequently (almost every day) that I don't even call anymore ebay for help as I never got in 7-8 call help or resolution from them. all they told me was to leave negative feedback. and sometimes they would keep me on phone for over 1 hr and switch me from one representative to another (once 4 representative)

I loose time, money (as once I was refused furniture after I rented a truck toget it!) and ebay does nothing to protect me or insure that we get what we pay for.

OH after 40 days I get reimbursed but what about time, effort, and problems ? is there another solution? tired of this. any constructive help appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I win I pay they wont ship, no help from ebay representative

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

There may be a wait of four or five days before you can open the Dispute.

Once you can, since you have already been in contact with the unwilling seller, escalate.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY, he is required to reimburse you.

If he does not, Paypal will, and go after him for their money. He will also have a defect on his selling account and other fallout that will restrict his ability to list and sell on eBay.

Enough defects and his account will be closed.

Don't futz around with phoning customer service. The automated Resolution Centre is faster and more effective.

However.

'almost everyday"???

I noticed that the two sellers who you negged this month are both new to selling. One is already at -1 feedback, the other has only 10 FB. I only went back a couple of pages.

New sellers are told by eBay to start their items low. This is a mistake, because eBay is no longer an auction site, with the vast majority of listings being Fixed Price. There just isn't enough bidding to justify low openings.

So.

Don't bid with newbies. They are less likely to understand that they may lose on a few items but make it up on the rest.

Use the Fixed Price items. And don't waste time trying to get that undelivered bargain. Your time is worth at lest 17 cents a minute. When you start an argument, set a timer.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you able to leave feedback?  If so, make sure you do.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

There may be a wait of four or five days before you can open the Dispute.

Once you can, since you have already been in contact with the unwilling seller, escalate.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY, he is required to reimburse you.

If he does not, Paypal will, and go after him for their money. He will also have a defect on his selling account and other fallout that will restrict his ability to list and sell on eBay.

Enough defects and his account will be closed.

Don't futz around with phoning customer service. The automated Resolution Centre is faster and more effective.

However.

'almost everyday"???

I noticed that the two sellers who you negged this month are both new to selling. One is already at -1 feedback, the other has only 10 FB. I only went back a couple of pages.

New sellers are told by eBay to start their items low. This is a mistake, because eBay is no longer an auction site, with the vast majority of listings being Fixed Price. There just isn't enough bidding to justify low openings.

So.

Don't bid with newbies. They are less likely to understand that they may lose on a few items but make it up on the rest.

Use the Fixed Price items. And don't waste time trying to get that undelivered bargain. Your time is worth at lest 17 cents a minute. When you start an argument, set a timer.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply