I won an auction and seller relisted it within an hour cause I didn't pay in 10 minutes

I won an auction then got three emails saying if I'd is t pay in 10 minutes they would relist the item (I had to step out for an hour... An hour!) so they did without barely any time to pay my invoice. Should I complain to ebay... You can't leave a report a problem with seller like when I have an issue with someone buying from me (only had to use function once so not familiar with report function) but can't seem to find any info on when there's an issue with seller. Help!
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I won an auction and seller relisted it within an hour cause I didn't pay in 10 minutes

marnotom!
Community Member

Is this for the Betsey handbag?  It does look as though the seller relisted it, but then they ended the listing early (supposedly because there was an "error" in it).

If the seller hasn't sent a cancellation request to you yet, you may want to mess with them and pay for the handbag, keeping in mind that if your payment gets returned or you have to file to get your payment back, you may not see quite all of it back because of the vagaries with exchange rates.

On the other hand, do you want to deal with a seller who doesn't seem to know what they're doing?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Start with a polite note to the seller asking some random question. Perhaps if she will be sending by USPS and noting that it now includes Delivery Confirmation to Canada.

Once you have communication opened and on a pleasant basis, you can move on.

The seller may have realized that giving 10 minutes (!!!!) to pay was silly. She may have pulled the auction because she realized you had already bought it.

Assume the best.

But prepare for the worst. You have up to 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. At the same time you can leave Detailed Seller Ratings, including on Description (Ten Minutes!!!) and Communication. The normal rating is five stars, the lowest is ONE star.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply