I won the auction and then seller cancelled!!

Hello everyone.   A week ago I was checking out the vintage pocket watches and found one here on eBay.ca which I liked.  The auction was for 6 days.  It was a fairly cheap watch but it had a beautiful case with horses on it.  The seller  was using Global Shipping which I try to avoid.  Avoiding sellers using this shipping just makes for slim pickings when it comes to listed items because so many sellers use it.  Sometimes it is unavoidable if  the item is something you want.  I messaged the seller before bidding to find out the size of the watch, (somebody needs to tell sellers of watches that they need to list the size in their item description because to many do not) and the next day she messaged me back with the size.  I messaged here back with a thank you and proceeded to bid.  The auction ended yesterday and I was the only bidder.  I paid right away and then about an hour later I received a cancellation on my purchase.  This has never happened before.  I messaged her and I was polite but....  I asked her if this was anything to do with my living in Canada.  Her message back to me was apologetic but her reason was that she didn't realize I was a Canadian and that she had forgot to remove Global Shipping from her listing.  Is this what eBay expects Canadians to tolerate on a regular bases because our eBay in Canada is full of sellers doing the same thing because of Global Shipping.  This is causing us buyers here in Canada nothing but grief.  I really don't understand how a outfit like eBay can make changes like initiating G.S.  when it has brought us here in Canada problems that we should "not" have to deal with in a regular bases.  Shame!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"but her reason was that she didn't realize I was a Canadian and that she had forgot to remove Global Shipping from her listing"

If that is true, then the seller could easily send you an invoice through PayPal for the amount of your bid and cost of shipping to you directly.

eBay had little to do with her reason to cancel.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This may be a rare occasion where a negative is deserved.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply