Why do all sold items show "From the USA"

Hello everyone.

I am currently selling over 200 items on Ebay.ca.

My account is registered on Ebay Canada and the location of my item and my account are in Canada (a valid address).

When I search my item in the ebay.ca search motor, my item only appear as from Ebay International sellers even tho my Item and Account are located in Canada.

The From Ebay international sellers option only appear at the end of the searching which give me a huge handicap for visibility.

I tried to contact Ebay about the issue but all they told me is that because I offer international shipping, Ebay sees me as a international seller. But I don't offer international shipping. I Only ship to canada.

Here is a screenshot of the situation :

http://postimg.org/image/guqjuogqj

Can any one help me on this matter? I'm feeling like I'm losing a ton of sales because of the lack of visibility.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I do not know why you are having the problem.

However, you have significant issues with the way you list. Your account may be suspended quickly if you do not fix major issues with the way you list.

You cannot show the item location as being St. Jerome, Quebec Canada when you are dropshipping from China. This is an eBay policy violation.

You are also going to have a lot of defects with Canada Post Lettermail option of 6-12 business days when it takes 6 weeks. You need to use the generic shipping option Economy Shipping from Outside Canada (16 to 20 business days) and change your handling time to 3 to 5 business days.

Others will comment on other issues but the above are major issues that will suspend your account.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thank you very much for the hint!

We will change these setting as quick as possible!

Thank you very much, as we are kinda new to ebay we got some difficulty with the setting of the account and selling.

if you see anything else please let us know as we will make our account as right as possible.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

As an alternate consideration, eBay says that buyers do not care, nor do they look at, where they are buying from. They simply want what they want.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

This is not true... Seems like a way to me to do not take thing in charge.

Most online shopper do lurk for new item without really knowing what they are looking for.

This is what is great with online shopping. If you don't have good visibility, than your products won't sell good.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

My eyes are burning.

Perhaps it's because my store caters to toys for children, or perhaps it's because I have many, many children in the house staring over my shoulder at all times, but may I suggest ever so gently that you open a separate store for the adult love toys that you sell?

It's not my intention to pass judgement but if I'm looking for plush Minecraft stuffes and instead I stumble across your headless silicone substitute wish-I-had-a-girlfriend dolls with all their parts exposed, as a potential buyer, I'm going to be shocked. And so might the kids that were sitting next to me when I found them. 

Aside from that, I'm 99.9 per cent certain you're not allowed to show those bits. You have to photoshop them with a star or something. Again, that's my sense of what the rules might be. I don't know the actual policy on it since it's waaaaaaay outside my area of expertise. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thank you very much for the hint.

Again we were used to sell on website like Aliexpress and DHGate where sex toys are openly accepted to sell.

We will change that factor also, and we will surely open a new store for thoses item.

Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

"Adult" items would have to move to eBay.COM> Other> Mature Items.

There is no category for them on dotCA.

However, this will also open up your customer base from only Canada to the USA which is a ten times larger market.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Right now we used the current categorie :

Health and Beauty - Health Care - Sexual Object - Sex Toys

Would it be better to list them on Mature items to avoid any problem with ebay?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Also, we made a few change on our expedition settings and now none of our items are in the search results. Can someone help?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

"Can someone help?"

Yes, of course.

Your best course of action at this time is to end all your listings due to misrepresentation of location, etc....

Then, relist them one at the time after properly showing the location and adjust all other terms as required.  By correctly showing the country from where the products are shipped from, eBay will adjust the expected delivery time accordingly.

And I suggest you do it now, today.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Yes.

Some toys are less explicit than others. (I don't think the average child would recognize what or why for a buttplug) (with a tail? seriously?).

But the ones that are anatomically correct should not be easy to find accidentally.

Actually, given the wide range of items you sell, a separate ID for those would be reasonable. Startled browsers may backbutton away from all your listings, especially if they are shopping at work. Or on the bus.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

all-in-one-superstore:

When I look at your listings, it says under shipping and item location, "Ships to: Worldwide" so you must have specified somewhere that you ship worldwide or offer international shipping. There are a looooot of options regarding domestic and international shipping for your listings that confused the  out of me for longer than I care to admit! Important to get that looked at ASAP otherwise you're going to have some very unhappy buyers wondering where their stuff is :S

Also check out CanadaPost.com for parcel rates.

Best of luck!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Yes.

Some toys are less explicit than others. (I don't think the average child would recognize what or why for a buttplug) (with a tail? seriously?).

But the ones that are anatomically correct should not be easy to find accidentally.

Actually, given the wide range of items you sell, a separate ID for those would be reasonable. Startled browsers may backbutton away from all your listings, especially if they are shopping at work. Or on the bus.

Some people shop at work too so a separate ID for sure.  My eyes are burning too!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Dude at this rate you are not going to last very long on ebay.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I asked about your situation with drop-shipping from China and the conclusion I came up with since I last replied here in this topic and had confirmed by Raphael from eBay.ca Canada Weekly Session is that you should list on eBay.com USA site. The USA site has more shipping options for items coming from China with better delivery time estimates for you to use to meet the new shipping time requirements.

If the item is drop shipped from China, use eBay.com. If the items is in your business/home in Quebec, then you can list on eBay.ca with proper Canada Post shipping options.

Please read the weekly session here:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/January-27-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/325207

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

OP has done the wise thing and changed their location to China.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 17
latest reply