Im selling a gopro hero4 and have a bidder from Indonesia.

I looked up the restricted product list for Indonesia and "cameras and cinematography "equipment is band. should i advise ebay as this guy continues to bid ? or am I totally wrong as he is a member of ebay. Should ebay have been aware of this right away ? there is a meriad of products not allowed in Indonesia.

Any advise on this one

Thanks  John

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If it was me, I would cancel all the bids and cancel the listing then relist it with restrictions on who you will ship to.  But that is me. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I also think you don't have the correct shipping for Indonesia, you show the same amount for the US.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Good catch.

Ebay does not monitor those things. As the seller, it is expected you will know to restrict the ship-to places to exclude locations where importing that item is not allowed. As the previous reply indicated, cancel all those bids and relist. It is very important that you cancel the bids before ending the auction early. If you don't follow that process, you have sold it to the highest (low) bidder as soon as its ended. Cancel bids first, then end early. 

As a courtesy, send a message to those members whose bids were cancelled, explaining the reason, and invite them to re-bid with a link to your new listing with necessary countries excluded.

Here is a link to global import restrictions: https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgIntDest-e.asp?letter=R%C2%A0

Best of luck. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

my self i never sell to anywear but canada or usa,to track anything is crazy expensive,the odd time i will take a chance,but seems to  scary to me to ship anything any wear without tracking,and the cost is always a deal breaker,dont seem like the risk involved is wort it,,i have lost a lot of sales by not shipping to other countries,but i sleep nights

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks all for your replies and advise.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply