International Priority Shipping

Sellers should offer choice of International Priority Shipping.  It actually takes longer and it very expensive. I will not in the future buy if this is the only shipping offered.

Last purchase Paid for PRIORITY shipping 7-11 days so after paying th high cost it should at least arrive within this time frame

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have bought a couple of items lately that have been shi...

maksicar
Community Member

I have bought a couple of items lately that have been shipped by USPS and arrived as expected,and I paid the usual USPS parcel rates.,but this new racket that has popped up will certainly limit my purchases on E-Bay.

These "international  priority shipping' must surely be  some kind of  scam.They want brokerage fees,and tax where tax wouldn't be  due on items shipped to Canada.I wanted to buy a $100 jacket and they wanted $38 plus $15.00 shipping.No tax was due.

A simple  parcel mailed via USPS would have  worked fine.Why is  some outfit in the USA claiming to collect 'import tax' for the Canadian government when it is possibly isn't due.They have no authority to  do so.Do they return the tax overpayment...I doubt it.

If an item shipped to me from the uSA is taxable the post office sends me a notice and I go to the post office,pat it and get my parcel..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I was interested in a couple of items from American Ebay sellers this past week, "but" because they use this new International Shipping protocol I decided not to buy. These items would have incurred no duities, so you got to wonder where these duties go ? Another scam ???
Oh well, more lost business for American EBay sellers !
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I just bout a few things on e-bay didn't know that ppl where using this new shipping, read lots of bad feed back on it so I really hope my item comes, if not there will be a big problem, lesson learned. ill be more careful.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

yes the international shipping through pitney bows is a total rip off.  I just bought a 19$ item and it charged me an additional 7$ for an "import fee" to Canada.. I dont get what this is since used goods dont have any taxes or duties when coming over the border from the US.. just another way for Ebay to get more money.  As well any seller that used the ebay only shipping system I always think twice before bidding since it seriously inflates the price.  (the base shipping was $20 where USPS with tracking should only be 11$ for this item).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply