Is there an eBay policy that item must be in hand to sell it? Need Advise

I am having a problem with a member and I wanted some clarification.

I purchased a $200 Stiletto Hammer from a member who is 3hrs away at 12:45pm. I need this hammer ASAP. The listing 230780469378 states that Items bought & paid for prior to 3pm EST ship the same day and that he had 32 of them in stock and they ship UPS. UPS drops to me daily so I should have received it today.

They then send me a message at 4:PM EST saying that they do not have stock on this item and that they will ship it out as soon as it comes in. (Back Order)

So I send them a reply stating that I can not wait and I wanted a refund. I would have to buy it locally. (I want 4 hammers in total over the next couple weeks)

Then I get a message saying "Yes you will get what you ordered"

I responded " Are you sending me my refund or the hammer? You said you do not have stock on the hammer???"

I then sent 2 more messages, one in all caps, saying that I wanted a refund.

24hrs from payment made and no refund received, I call the 1-800 number, hold for 5 minutes for their "Ebay Guy". I tell him the problem and that I want my refund and he hangs up on me!

I call back, same guy gets on and says that I never asked for a refund.

Then I give him all the info, Item # etc, he has it on screen then starts reading messages and still says I didn't request a refund.

I told him "You have it on the screen now can you take 30 seconds and send my refund? I am also an experienced eBay member and I would never put my customers through this hassle." HE HANGS UP AGAIN!

2 minutes later, refund.

How can these big sellers get away with listing 100's of items, offer same day shipping and not have stock?

I haven't got a cancellation yet and I am seeking advise and cooling down before leaving feedback. 

Your advise???

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I wouldnt wait for anything. You were hung up on multiple times and in not so many words called a liar. Unacceptable treatment. They were unable to fill your order within their specified times. You have your refund, and you also have the ability to leave feedback. You should leave the feedback they deserve.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That is what the DSRs are for too.....good opportunity to hand out some "1s"

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

why should OP play with some silly stars, he wants his money back.

It's slam-dunk SNAD, call Ministry Of Consumer Services and tell them this seller is refusing to accept cancellation and is holding your money and you have no item and no money.

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/Cancel_a_Contract.aspx

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Leave hium the feedback they deserve it sounds like they are a horrible seller and deserve it but be calm and factual leaving no reason for them to have your feedback removed..

Never write in caps even if you are mad .. I have been mad 1000 times at ebay and sellers but Caps and anger solves nothing ..

Also if you need something within 1 day you should probably go to the store and forget online.. Even when you buy priority mail and it says one day The Postal service considers the day seller drops it off to be day 0 so you would most likely get it in 2 days not 1 ...

I have had some show up in 1 day but not to often ..  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

dipmicro, You must not have read the entire post. I did get the refund.

B.a.d.- I live a couple hours from Ottawa and have always (2-3 times a week) get my shipments by UPS in one day. I must live on a good spot in the UPS route or something.

Now, It even gets better. I told the seller that I was also a seller and applaud myself on my customer service of which I thought his sucked. Anyway, he must of checked me out. I am going away for a few months and I had 2 Brand new Porter Cable 18 volt cordless drill batteries in the package and my only things left listed. Can you guess who clicked Buy It Now and bought my 2 $50 batteries??? Yes, Mr.Hammer. LOL, I guess he is going to try to leave me a revenge feedback??? I haven't even left feedback for the hammer yet.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

This has the makings of a fun game. If & when he leaves me feedback for the batteries, which of course I will spent the extra money and Expresspost them with signature confirmation on delivery.

I may be satistic but I'm kind of looking forward to a negative feedback so I can have it removed.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

yes, I missed the end with the refund part.

you are fine then. move on.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You missed another bit ... the revenge purchase.

This plot is thickening like cement.

Bonne chance richard!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

No I did not not miss that one, just did not comment on that becuase I don't think it's a revenge purchase. Based on the OP narative, there was not enough heat going on to warrant spending $100 on "revenge purchase".

If you believe this was revenge purchase, alert eBay of "malicious buying" and I hear they have way to disable ability to leave fedback for particular sale and apparently this is easier to achieve than getting feedback removed after it was left.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The "Hammer Guy" has an eBay store that sells $1000's/month what is $100 in product to get a revenge on someone? People spend money more foolishly at Tim Hortons.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply