Item condition blank?

I see some listings from sellers where it has this as item condition:

Item condition:--

Why isn't there a condition listed?

Can you sell defective/broken items with this item condition selected?

Why is this allowed?

Nyd

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Item condition blank?

What category is this in that you see it? Perhaps it makes sense for some things and not others. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@nyder_inc wrote:

Can you post the item numbers of one or two examples here so that we can see a couple of the specific items you're referring to?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@nyder_inc wrote:

Can you sell defective/broken items with this item condition selected?

Item Condition is an eBay field designed to simplify search results.

"--" should only be used when none of the eBay choices match what is for sale.

Example: Bundles of stuff that are a mix of conditions.

-..-

It is the responsibility of the seller to accurately describe what they are selling. If it is defective/broken that must be clearly noted in the eBay listing. Otherwise the buyer can open an item not as described case to get their money back.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

When I list stamps for sale I get a message "item condition does not apply to this category". But, of course item condition very much applies to stamps, so I put the condition in the item title. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Really?

There is a quite extensive list of Item Specifics for stamps and other philatelic items.

But you are right to put the grade in the title where it is easily Searched.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

So the item now has the condition listed as USED but at the time I made the original post it just had the -- symbol.

u

The reason being is the seller is selling broken/defective items but lists the condition as used under "Item condition"

Somewhere in the "Description" mixed in with a bunch if vague writing and text he has "Defective may not turn on".

So when I msged him he said he listed the item as defective not used and when I looked it had the --.

Now it says used, so not sure whats going on.

I thought to list an item as used it needed to be fully functioning, can select used then somewhere in the description say its defective and win a dispute>

Nyd

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@nyder_inc wrote:

I thought to list an item as used it needed to be fully functioning, can select used then somewhere in the description say its defective and win a dispute>

Nyd

If it is an electronic thing that is supposed to work normally then yes eBay says for USED it has to be  "fully operational and functions as intended."  Otherwise it gets the "for parts" description. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply