Item description confusing/misleading

yap-ca2013
Community Member
So I recently purchased an NBA Jersey from a US based seller. The title says the item is a "Swingman" jersey. After 2 weeks, I get the jersey and I quickly realize that the jersey he sold me was a Replica jersey. The item is clearly not the same as the photo (although he did use a stock photo), and it is clearly not a Swingman. Swingman jerseys are higher in quality and price. What bothers me is that he tried to sell a Replica jersey by using a stock photo of a Swingman and pricing it as a Swingman. I contacted the seller and explained the situation. He then replied by saying that he directly purchased the jersey from Adidas. So, I explained to him the differences between the item he sent me and the item he listed (mentioning quality, appearance, material, etc.). He then said I was wrong in his next message, stating that Adidas made two versions of the jersey, one with stitched on numbers and letterings and one with heat pressed graphics but were both Swingman and that the listing said the item being sold was the heat pressed. Here is my concern: The heat pressed jerseys are "Replica" and the stitched are "Swingman". It can't be both. I also did some research and on the NBA store, I could easily compare both the Swingman and Replica, and what he sold was definitely the Replica jersey. Basically, he listed the item as a Swingman, used a Photo of a Swingman, used the title "Adidas Swingman Jersey" in the description but also stated "heat pressed", and sent me a Replica. Is it worth opening a case about this? The seller appears to be quite stubborn and won't accept the fact that he sent me a different item from his listing. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Item description confusing/misleading

yap-ca2013
Community Member
Hey guys I have an update on my case. Paypal has decided to have me ship the item back. However, I am hesitant to do that because I don't want to spend any more money on this item. Is there a way I can suggest another solution, like a partial refund or something? Also, they asked me to ship the item back to Florida instead of just To the GSP sorting plant in Kentucky, so I might have to pay more for shipping than the seller originally did.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply