Item has small flaws, worth returning?Leaving feedback?

I have recieved an item (Earrings,I ordered a few from different sellers)

Cost $4. Item had a light gold color coating but I noticed small black speckles including a small spatter pattern. It's obvious when looking up close but wouldn't be obivious to anyone who wasn't closer than a few feet.

My issues:

-Would not have bought this item if I saw in a store

-Using ebay as I am not well and the Canadian winter/incapacitating medical treatments limit my ability to look in stores.

-Will think upon whether this is enough of an issue to return, or too much hassle. I do not own a printer.I have to be careful about health. Addressing/printing return form may be more trouble/money than it i worth,May wait for other items from other sellers to arrive before deciding.

-Want to leave honest feedback regarding issue.

-any way I can get a refund or partial refund without returning item?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item has small flaws, worth returning?Leaving feedback?

My personal experience with this sort of situation is for the $4, I suspect possibly from overseas and included free shipping is I got what I paid for, I have developed a very low level of expectation with this type of purchase - $3 necklaces, $2 iphone cables etc, personally I accept the condition and move on, I feel $4 is of enough of a loss to have someone deal with the effects of a negative, that $4 may seem like more to them than to me.

Contact them and let them know, they may appreciate the direct feedback

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

My personal experience with this sort of situation is for the $4, I suspect possibly from overseas and included free shipping is I got what I paid for, I have developed a very low level of expectation with this type of purchase - $3 necklaces, $2 iphone cables etc, personally I accept the condition and move on, I feel $4 is of enough of a loss to have someone deal with the effects of a negative, that $4 may seem like more to them than to me.

Contact them and let them know, they may appreciate the direct feedback

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I meant to say not enough of a loss..
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm very sorry but I'll be blunt here:what do you expect for 4$ with probably free shipping from China?A Tiffany?I buy for cheap a lot ,but something that can't possibly be too bad of a quality,like screen protector for a phone or  plush toy for my cat,but never electronics or jewelry...Like  two of my favorite sayings state:"I'm not so rich to buy cheap things" and"You got what you've paid for".So just trow this things in a garbage and consider It a lesson.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah "get what I pay for" I know.

Just realized the additional description does list that the item may contain nicks and upon using super zoom I can see a few(although not the "spray" effect I am noticing now. Lesson learned by me, lowered expectations.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply