Item refused by recipient 14 days after Item successfully delivered. Do I need to refund shipping?

First time ever that happens to me. I get back my item yesterday without any fees on June 23rd.

Item successfully delivered

Jun-03-16, 10:17 AM

Item refused by recipient. Item being returned to sender.

Jun-15-16, 16:23 PM

Recipient not located at address provided. Item being returned to sender.

Jun-16-16, 12:09 PM

I send the item to her paypal adress. 

Why is this kind of situation happens?

Do I need to refund shipping that I charge to the buyer?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item refused by recipient 14 days after Item successfully delivered. Do I need to refund shippin

i do not think i would do anything other than contact the buyer and find out if they want the item and provide a proper ship to address ,not your fault,the buyer may have moved and not told paypal of an address change,you may have to refund for the item,but not for shipping,sounds complicated but did have that happen once where a buyer had an item shipped to her mothers address and it was sent bck to me so i contacted the seller and they resent the money for shipping to her address,you will need to re invoice her for shipping charges if they still want the item

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Item refused by recipient 14 days after Item successfully delivered. Do I need to refund shippin

Wait until you have it back.

That delay sounds like there were errors surrounding the delivery.

If the buyer gets in touch before you receive it, explain that you are waiting for the return and give her the tracking information so she can see for herself what the problem might be.

But don't refund anything until you have it back.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This sounds like it could be an international delivery. Was tariff or taxes on import likely? Perhaps the buyer refused to pay.

Or

A scan error code. There are a limited number of options for the delivering agent to chose when picking a reason something was undeliverable. Maybe they picked the wrong one. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply