Item(s) not functioning properly, possibly damaged in transit

outinleftfield
Community Member

Yesterday afternoon (April 3) I received an email from a buyer who received items he purchased from me on March 28.

He starts out by saying that the box was "destroyed" but the contents seem to have arrived intact.

I packaged the items in such a way that they should have survived a fall from an aircraft. I used a heavy, strong cardboard box (a box that typically holds reams of letter sized printer/photocopier paper). There were several layers of bubble wrap, plus newspaper, packing peanuts, etc. The box was then wrapped in brown paper.

In short I believe that nothing more could be done to ensure that the items were packed and shipped properly.

So, the buyer claims that one of the items worked for several days but no longer functions (a charger for handheld two-way radios) and that three of the radio batteries will not hold a charge.

I disclosed in my listing that one of the batteries would not hold a charge.

What is my next course of action? The items were functioning before I shipped them and I really do not want to (nor can afford to) issue a refund, but I obviously don't want this situation to escalate into a dispute that will result in negative feedback.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0