Item shipped from different location than specified

I'm not sure if it's worth leaving lower feedback over. Most of the time I leave really positive reviews, but the seller said it'd be shipped from New Jersey and according to the tracking information it's actually coming from Sweden. The item in question is a laptop battery. Shipping was free so it's hard to complain too much, but I prefer having items shipped within North America to minimize risk of damage, had I known it wasn't coming from the states, maybe I would have gone with someone else.

Opinions? Am I just being a , or is this a legitimate concern?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What if the item has issues and you need to return? Shipping to USA and shipping to Sweden with tracking have different costs. So misleading location is a concern. Hopefully there is a return location in the USA if needed.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Good point, once it arrives I'll go from there. I understand how big of an impact negative feedback can have on the seller, so unless something is wrong I'll probably leave five stars. 

After closer inspection their listing does say "We'll find the nearest warehouse to ship from". I just question their math if Sweden was the closest.

I guess it's just the principle of it. If an American seller offered something for $5 and just out sourced the order to a Chinese distributor it seems like it should be fraudulent. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats normal now and days  amazon does the same thing in a nutshell.

You have complete buyer protection .If the item arrives in good condition and within the promised time 5 stars .

Shipping direct saves you money if they get the item shipped to them first and reship it'll raise the costs and it would be passed to you.

Also you stated they use warehouse shipping .

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@sirquinsy wrote:

. . . I prefer having items shipped within North America to minimize risk of damage

Distance shouldn't have any effect on the risk of damage to an item provided it's packed properly in the first place.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply