Item specifics missing

I had planned on going through my listings today to reduce some prices, but when I tried to revise them, all the item specifics were missing. I did a couple and then realized that finding all the item specifics again and adding them was going to take far too long.

Is anyone else finding the same problem?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item specifics missing

Even if you did them one-at-a-time, there is another bug whereby if you touch certain things which are okay to touch using the Bulk Editor, it will wipe those clean too. 

It is a bit of a mess.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item specifics missing

Were you using the Bulk Editor? It has been wreaking havoc with my listings for months now. There are very limited, specific things that you can do to a listing using it and then some which you cannot touch unless you want everything wiped that wasn't supposed to be wiped. It is a big bug. My workaround is to not ever let a listing end and I've been using the Assign Automated feature for two cycles already. I've told R about it at the Board Hour but he needs me to do a complete rundown and I just don't have the time for that.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Item specifics missing

Even if you did them one-at-a-time, there is another bug whereby if you touch certain things which are okay to touch using the Bulk Editor, it will wipe those clean too. 

It is a bit of a mess.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item specifics missing

Thanks for the replies. I always revise one-by-one, and this has never happened before. It is far too much work to look everything up again, I will try again tomorrow.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Item specifics missing

If it was price alone, you'd be okay. If, however, you touch handling fees, immediate payment required or currency (to name a few) it strips the Item Specifics. This applies to the one-at-a-time only. Those are safe to adjust in the Bulk Editor.

The Bulk Editor, however, will wreck stuff if you touch anything pertaining to Item specifics including the description.

Good luck. I know that eBay knows some of these things are bugs.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply