Items missing from my Purchase history

I just tried to leave feedback for the 3 items that arrived today. I had no problem with 2 of them but the other one was missing from My Purchase History, as well as a number of other items I purchased around the middle to end of September. My first thought was that they were more than 60 days ago and had slipped past the limit for feedback but I selected See orders from 2016 and they still aren't there, nor did they appear on the Leave Feedback page.

It appears that every item I bought between Sept 19 and Oct 12 is missing. My PayPal account shows no less than 15 purchases during that period. Some of them have not yet arrived and some have. Several of the items were just past their expected arrival (I wait until they are a week past before contacting the sellers); Now I can't contact the sellers through My Purchase History.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You should be able to contact them through Paypal since the PP ID is also an email address.

If you are still waiting for purchases from mid-September you are being extraordinarily patient.

Based on 30 years in mail order, I allow 20 days for delivery within North America and 30 days from Asia.

Keep in mind that both eBay and Paypal suggest that you contact the seller first.

This is a suggestion and a courtesy, not a demand.

And don't get into a conversation.

The Contact should be "When was item #xxxxxxx sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

Don't fuss if there is no tracking number. Tracking is expensive and rarely used on cheap items.

A useful answer would be the tracking number, which tells you where the item was last recorded.

An offer of a 'replacement' is usually a scam. It will never arrive.

The best answer is a prompt refund.

If the missing item arrives after refund, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@sidecar_bob wrote:

It appears that every item I bought between Sept 19 and Oct 12 is missing. My PayPal account shows no less than 15 purchases during that period. Some of them have not yet arrived and some have. Several of the items were just past their expected arrival (I wait until they are a week past before contacting the sellers); Now I can't contact the sellers through My Purchase History.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you not worry about feedback.  If you can't find the item, don't let it bother you.  It's not that big a deal. 

If you were planning to leave something other than positive, ask yourself if you need to file a claim.  As a reminder about timelines, 

on eBay you have 30 days from the LAST estimated delivery date to file a claim with the RESOLUTION CENTER link at the bottom of the page. 

In your PayPal account you have 180 days from when you PAID to file a claim using the Resolution Center under TOOLS.  

You are not the first person to mention disappearing listings from your Purchase History.  There are also lots of issues with items from Asia taking too long.  The most recent is here:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Asia-shipping-delays/m-p/357675#U357675

Before Christmas like this is a good time to have a maximum amount of patience.  I suggest you wait for your items to arrive but keep your eye on the deadlines and don't let them pass.  I suggest you file a claim when you need to.  I also suggest you leave feedback if and when you feel like it but if the system won't let you, fine.  Spend the time on something more useful to yourself.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you both for your replies but neither solved my problem.

The reason I am concerned about feedback is that I use it as a way to keep track of what has arrived and what has not. I usually order a lot of inexpensive items in quantities of 5 or more at this time of year for stocking stuffers and I try to order supplies for my shop early enough that they can travel half way around the world before I need them, which can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Using My Purchase History and leaving feedback when the item arrives has always been a convenient way to keep track when I have made a lot of purchases (more than 50 in transit at one point this fall).

30 days from last estimated delivery date? When did eBay change that? In the past they would not allow claims more than 60 days after placing the order.

And as for keeping an eye on the deadlines and not letting deadlines pass, how can you do that when the items are missing from the list?

I generally try to get in touch with the seller a week after the last expected arrival date but sometimes that is perilously close to the 60 day limit (I wish eBay would get their act together and realize that it often takes more than 60 days for small parcels to travel halfway around the world in the Xmas rush) but again, if you have a lot of items coming and some are missing from the list it becomes a time consuming chore to figure out which are late, if you can at all because My Purchase History is the only place those delivery dates are listed.

I was finally able to contact eBay tech support to report this as a site issue on Friday. I first tried using the potion to have them call me. It said the average wait time was 2 minutes. When they hadn't called 3 hours later I tried again (average wait 1 minute) and 20 minutes later I called them. They never did call me.

I was basically told that this happens occasionally and the items would probably re-appear in a day or two. She then showed me how to find the item number in my PayPal account and use the advanced search on eBay to find them, which opens the same page you get if you click Leave Feedback beside an item in Purchase History (of course, that doesn't work for items purchased more than 60 days ago).

I ended up having to go through my PayPal account and listing all of the items I had purchased during the period that I knew was missing and then starting PayPal claims for the couple that had slipped past eBay's 60 day limit. All in all this has cost me several hours of time that could have been better spent.

I have been checking My Purchase History frequently through all of this to see if the items returned. As of 2 days ago several more items were missing. As of yesterday the items I first noticed missing have returned but some different ones are now missing.

I shouldn't have to but I think in the future I will have to keep a written list of my purchases and their estimated delivery dates.

I got an email from eBay community this morning asking me to mark one of your replies as an Accepted Solution. Sorry, but I can't. The only acceptable solution would be for eBay to take people more seriously when this sort of problem occurs and to make greater efforts to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have the same issue in December 2016 with about 60 items missing from my purchase list and had to call eBay twice for them to do some things manually with those listings. EBay, it is about time this is fixed.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

sidecar_bob wrote:

Thank you both for your replies but neither solved my problem.

Well, you asked for suggestions, not solutions.  🙂   Everyone here tries their best to come up with some way to help out another member.  We don't like all these glitches and malfunctions either, and right now the Disappearing Purchase History is the latest bug that has large numbers of people annoyed. 

sidecar_bob wrote: 

30 days from last estimated delivery date? When did eBay change that? In the past they would not allow claims more than 60 days after placing the order.

In the past they would allow claims to be opened up to 45 days, not 60, from when the listing ended.  The change happened a couple years ago. 

sidecar_bob wrote:

I shouldn't have to but I think in the future I will have to keep a written list of my purchases and their estimated delivery dates.

Looks like you have provided your own solution.  🙂   None of us runs the techno-department of eBay so until those that do get this problem fixed, it may be that keeping your own ledger will be the best thing. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply