July 23rd Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers! This week Bryan and I will be chatting with you as on 1 PM Eastern. Please start posting at your convenience.

See you in a bit!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Good afternoon.

Search by buyer has not been working:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Page-Not-Responding/m-p/252213#U252213

Do you know anything about the problem?

When will it be fixed?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Hello!  This is more of a technical question I suppose, but I thought I'd ask anyway. 

It was brought to my attention that when listing an item using flat rate with shipping shown as "worldwide", but with certain country/continent exclusions except New Zealand (among others), that no shipping amount appears for NZ buyers when viewing the "Shipping" tab in a listing.  Instead, a message simply appears along the lines of: "This seller will ship to NZ but no shipping amount has been specified", even though I've specified an international flat shipping amount (separately from the US flat rate shipping).  The proper shipping amount does appear, by the way, for Australia.

Apparently this is a glitch that's been known for a while (although not to me until just recently).  Can you comment on this, and whether any steps may be taken by eBay to remedy it? 

If you need a sample listing #, let me know and I'll post it.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Until a few months ago, you had a staff member from the USA address some questions and concerns on the "Global Shipping Program" threads.

Ben has been absent for quite a while.  Is he coming back?  Will someone else answer questions and inquiries?

Will you ever have a board or thread dedicated to Pitney Bowes and man by staffers at Pitney Bowes, as suggested many times over a year ago?

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Regarding Pierre's post#2 above, is there any connection to the report here, or are you aware of this report and can debunk it?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/22/latest-ebay-data-breach-shows-deeper-security-conc....

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

How does a Canadian seller opt out of :"business policies"?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Cant-sell-anymore-How-do-i-opt-out-of-business-policies/m-p/...

Hi Pierre,

The ability to opt out of Business Policies has been removed for some sellers, regardless of site. I'm not sure what the exact roll out plan is but the goal is to move everyone to that model eventually.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good afternoon.

Search by buyer has not been working:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Page-Not-Responding/m-p/252213#U252213

Do you know anything about the problem?

When will it be fixed?

Hello Pierre,

Can you please provide the steps to reproduce. Perhaps I’m looking at the wrong page but this function is working correctly.
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25

Bryan

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hello!  This is more of a technical question I suppose, but I thought I'd ask anyway. 

It was brought to my attention that when listing an item using flat rate with shipping shown as "worldwide", but with certain country/continent exclusions except New Zealand (among others), that no shipping amount appears for NZ buyers when viewing the "Shipping" tab in a listing.  Instead, a message simply appears along the lines of: "This seller will ship to NZ but no shipping amount has been specified", even though I've specified an international flat shipping amount (separately from the US flat rate shipping).  The proper shipping amount does appear, by the way, for Australia.

Apparently this is a glitch that's been known for a while (although not to me until just recently).  Can you comment on this, and whether any steps may be taken by eBay to remedy it? 

If you need a sample listing #, let me know and I'll post it.  Thanks!

Hi rose-dee,

With no real life example it's hard for me to comment on why something isn't working. The item number would greatly help. Thanks!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

"steps to reproduce."

????

Click on "Advanced" next to search near the top of this page

Click on buyer

Enter buyer ID

Click search

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

"The ability to opt out of Business Policies has been removed for some sellers,"

???

Are you suggesting that the poor new seller who did not know any better is stuck, regardless of the help page telling him it is easy to opt out?

Does that make sense to you?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Here's an example (one of my listings): 161352566613

If you choose "New Zealand" from the drop-down list on the "Shipping and Payments" tab, then click on "Get Rates", you'll see the message I mentioned, but no shipping rate. 

I know it's a fairly small concern, but I'm just curious to know whether this is deliberate, or if it's a glitch and there is any plan to change the way shipping is shown for NZ.  Thanks Raphael!

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Until a few months ago, you had a staff member from the USA address some questions and concerns on the "Global Shipping Program" threads.

Ben has been absent for quite a while.  Is he coming back?  Will someone else answer questions and inquiries?

Will you ever have a board or thread dedicated to Pitney Bowes and man by staffers at Pitney Bowes, as suggested many times over a year ago?

Unfortunately I can't speak to why Ben hasn't been more present on the GSP threads.

The GSP threads were consolidated put in place so that the GSP team could have a way to view Canadian user comments about the program in one single place. Questions about the program and issues with specific shipments were never meant to be handled on there, as these are things that should be taken to CS. We also have been reading those less and less simply because the information brought on there is largely the same.

With that said, as always, if there are burning issues that cannot be resolved via CS, anyone can reach me or other eBay Canada staff via our email addresses.

As for Pitney Bowes presence on the eBay Boards, there are no current plans to implement that. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"The ability to opt out of Business Policies has been removed for some sellers,"

???

Are you suggesting that the poor new seller who did not know any better is stuck, regardless of the help page telling him it is easy to opt out?

Or... that the seller who has been using 3rd party auction management services like Auctiva, with what is equivalent to "business policies" already in place through Auctiva (check any of my listings as an example), will be obligated to drop those and switch to eBay's system. 

The ability to set up boilerplate business policies/terms of sale, etc. in Auctiva has always been easy to use, simple, logical and very well organized.  I haven't heard the same sort of comments about eBay's system for such boilerplate. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Regarding Pierre's post#2 above, is there any connection to the report here, or are you aware of this report and can debunk it?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/22/latest-ebay-data-breach-shows-deeper-security-conc....

Thanks for sharing, rose-dee. Unfortunately I cannot comment on this.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"steps to reproduce."

????

Click on "Advanced" next to search near the top of this page

Click on buyer

Enter buyer ID

Click search

Sorry I dont see "buyer" but I click on "by bidder" and was able to reproduce the error message. I'll inform the team.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Bryan

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

???

Does that make sense to you?

Thanks for flagging this. Usually our Help Pages get updated as the programs change, but as you know sometimes things can slip by. Once I've confirmed the status of the program with the BP team, I'll work with the Content team to get the pages updated.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Here's an example (one of my listings): 161352566613

If you choose "New Zealand" from the drop-down list on the "Shipping and Payments" tab, then click on "Get Rates", you'll see the message I mentioned, but no shipping rate. 

I know it's a fairly small concern, but I'm just curious to know whether this is deliberate, or if it's a glitch and there is any plan to change the way shipping is shown for NZ.  Thanks Raphael!

Thanks. I'll investigate and update the thread with my findings.

---------------

EDIT:

The reason there are no shipping charges showing for New Zealand (as well for

American Samoa, Bermuda, Greenland, Hong Kong, Israel, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Thailand and Uzbekistan) is that these regions were not selected for shipping:

qShhlce_png__1600×860_.png

If you check the remaining boxes in that section, all countries listed above will show a shipping cost. You can rely on your Exclusion list to ensure your listing won't be accessible to buyers located where you don't ship.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

bryan.ca@ebay.ca wrote:

Sorry I dont see "buyer" but I click on "by bidder" and was able to reproduce the error message. I'll inform the team.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Bryan

Sorry to be so blunt, but my question above was whether removal of the ability to see a bidder/buyer's purchase history was actually done deliberately, in light of the report I posted earlier (from Fool.com). 

We all know how rumours can run wild.  I'd just like to know if the two are connected, i.e. perhaps the buyer history disappearance is not an error at all?

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:
Sorry to be so blunt, but my question above was whether removal of the ability to see a bidder/buyer's purchase history was actually done deliberately, in light of the report I posted earlier (from Fool.com). 

We all know how rumours can run wild.  I'd just like to know if the two are connected, i.e. perhaps the buyer history disappearance is not an error at all?

Bryan was replying to Pierre's report of the "Item search by bidder" feature not working and not to your question about the article you posted, rose-dee.

As I said earlier, we are not at liberty to comment on that article at this time.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply