Just a happy reflection on my business read if you want LOL

Started 2 years ago with $500 I am currently worth $250,000 at cost not sale price with only $3000 of debt ...

It just feels so good I had to say it or type it  ... From a Street guy to fairly well off guy with long hrs and alot of work I made it happen and against alot of odds ... I am currently order upwards to 25k a month worth of stock and slowing making my way to a bigger and better place... 

By end of 2013 to mid 2014 will have my own website and ya I guess this is me saying yaaaaaaaaaaaa boy ...

I know it's a useless post but I had to say it

Thanks Ebay,Amazon,Suppliers,Wife and of course all of you wonderful lovely helpful people on here ... DVDs on the house NOT lol  

Thanks everyone wowoooooooooooooooo

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Just a happy reflection on my business read if you want LOL

I am glad to read things are working out OK with your business.

However, never forget your first priority: your family🙂

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Congrats on your good fortune and hard work and upcoming event, Brande 😉

Breaking Bad 5, for me, please !!  😄

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

You go man !!!! The sky is the limit.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Thanks guys and Speaking of Family My daughter turns 2 tomorrow ... I bought her this huge like $1000 blow slide water park I can't wait to set it up I just hope  I am not the dad that ruins the toy before the kid gets to try it LOL ...

I appreciate everything you have helped me with pierre you have been a great help truly an asset to ebay ...

Almond Breaking bad season 5 at cost cuz I am in such a great mood when I get it I will beat the best price anywhere by far maybe I will make $1 or something 😉 FYI Remember that because I won't LOL  ...

Man I am happy today ...

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Party at your house tomorrow!

Oh wait, I'm the one with the sunshine and warm weather, party at my place!!  🙂 I've got the koolaid on tap!! 😉

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Congrats Brande !

Your hard work is paying off. Good for you my friend.

We all like to see our friends do well.

Just wondering, Did sales increase when you changed your Seller ID ?

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

snikrep2010
Community Member

Congratulations Brande! You have done very well and have earned a lot of respect for your hard work. May you always have and enjoy that good feeling.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Congratulations Brande!  I love to hear good news stories like yours.  Keep up the good work.

And enjoy the little ones...they grow up so fast!

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I know it's a useless post but I had to say it

I disagree, It's a wonderful post!

That's great that everything is going so well for you...congrats! 🙂

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Many people do not want to hear how successful one can be on eBay.  I sell only on eBay....

Many local sellers  who have a B& M  as well as internet sales give me the impression they cringe when I am close by.... My success is rarely spoken

There is magic on eBay... However, it involves hard work  and a determination to make it happen...

Canadian sellers do have to creative and inventive in selling on eBay.

Your reported success  is good to hear....  and the many replies  made in this discussion are undoubtedly further evidence of success on ebay...  and an indication that success is a reality.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Congrats Brande! I know it's hard to be successful in the DVD/Blu Ray market thanks to torrents and streaming, but it's great to hear that you're doing well!

Keep doing what you do best!

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Yes it did I more or less noticed it through traffic more then sales when i changed my id but my sales did increase ... It's funny a because you try to appeal to so many people it;;s hard to know what the right move is ...

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Can't post more then 1 few lines whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

For me I am not judgemental at all and very care free so I thought b.a.d.entertainement was cool and edgy but in the back of my mind before i did that pole I thought I wonder if the word bad is scarying some people off and it was .. Whether they associated the word bad with it's actual meaning or thought i sold x flicks but my traffic doubled within a month ..

I am right now having the best month I have ever had ...

Almond it was plus 3 here today for us northerners thats t-shirt whether LOL ... Alright party at your house hope you don't mind like 15 kids between the age of 2-4 LMAO you better have alot of kool aid ...

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Congrats Brande, hoping to get there someday in a similar fashion.

You mentioned you're having the best month this month. It must be DVD month or something, because I'm seeing the same thing, only on a smaller scale of course. 🙂

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Captivate .. Good luck not to much luck cuz you could be my competition LOL kidding I wish the best for everyone .. my business will most likely be closed by around 2017 or as the wife says 3rd kid no questions asked shutter down .....

I started this for fun then just blew up .. I work 12 shitf work at a mill roughly 180-200 hrs a month so I can really only get so big and I am a do it yourselfer so no employees nor do I want any ..

It is a tough business to make it in and I had many bad months.. many big sales fall through .. Many learning curves .. My advice sense your so small slowly make your way there and stay out of debt because 10 years from now anyone running a movie business with alot of overhead and debt will be filing for bankruptcy which is why I plan on keeping my store debt free and valued under 1 mill .......

Good luck

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

This is my other ID (It's captivatemedia) I'm transitioning from this ID, to the other, which marks the startup of my business officially.

For me, this is a hobby I am trying to turn in to a business I can make a living on. (This ID is very new, still transitioning from one ID to another as my limits free up on the new one)

I have plans both for Ebay and off, but since I have very little starting capital, I have to stick only to Ebay for at least a few years. If I can get things to "Take off", then I will be on the road to self employment, and ultimately self fulfillment.

With my first child on the way, (Just found out I will be a daddy for the first time last week) working from home sounds very appealing. Currently I travel 3 hours a day to my job. 15 hours on the road per week.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Excellent story Brandee. I love to hear positive stories of hard work paying off. Nann55 is the legendary Cdn story. Throw in a Pierre, Cumos, Mmarway, well, there are quite a few highly successful Cdn sellers.

I started with a Grey Cup Pool win. Took $386 out of the thousand and invested in a car. Sold the parts and kept rolling the money back in. I have turned that into $220,000 worth of sales.

Brandee, repeat after me "Life is goooooooood!"

Message 20 of 21
latest reply