Listing with a mac

Hi, my wife bought a mac laptop, I did some research and found a garagesale app. for listing on ebay. The problem I am having is ebay will only allow my listings to load if I list with free returns at my expense. and when I try to revise my listing after it loads, I can't change this. I am not comfortable listing this way, seems a perfect opportunity for someone to mess you around. Anyone else listing out there with garagesale?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Listing with a mac

I don't use a Mac, but I'm wondering why you would use an outside App to list on eBay when eBay has its own "App" (Sell Your Item form) and other features that make listing fairly simple.  Do they not work using a Mac? 

If not, then I would check with the eBay.ca staff at the next Wed. board discussion.  There could be a simple answer, or at least an answer that would help other Mac users as well.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Listing with a mac

I have an imac and list using the SYI form - no problems.   I have no idea about the "garage sale app" you refer to or why it would appeal to you.  There are enough issues with selling on ebay - no need to add more.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Listing with a mac

Another Mac user who doesn't understand why anyone needs to use anything but the SYI form.

I suppose the free 'start listing later' could be useful to some auction sellers, but almost all my listings are Fixed Price/ Good Til Cancelled, so they can go up at any time.

And while saving the description might be useful, this is also done automatically on the Unsold Items list. In addition, I keep copies of all my listings in a TextEdit file on my desktop. Suspenders and belt.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Listing with a mac

@rose-dee wrote:

I don't use a Mac, but I'm wondering why you would use an outside App to list on eBay when eBay has its own "App" (Sell Your Item form) and other features that make listing fairly simple.  Do they not work using a Mac? 

There are many reasons to use a more robust listing tool than the simple SYI or even TurboLister tools eBay provides. Some of the advantages can now also be found in Selling Manager Pro (not free for many sellers) but still there are plenty that are not.

I have not listed or managed listings directly on eBay since back in 2001, I've been with Auction Assistant which became Sellers Assistant which eBay bought and rebranded as Blackthorne. Now I use SixBit which is the same people who originally ran Blackthorne. It's a Windows program but there are quite a few people who run it on macs using Parallels.

To the OP

I don't think there are too many Garage Sale users here, there are more on the US boards. Have you asked Garage Sale support or checked out the user group?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Listing with a mac

Thanks for the imput everybody, I tried the SYI form but could not get my pictures to load. Probably the parallel windows systems that was mentioned would solve my problem. I will do some more checking. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply