Look what they added to Best Offer in the Bulk Edit tool!

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Look what has been added the the Best Offer aspect of the Bulk Editor!

After all my unofficial bellyaching about the lack thereof in the summer, here is it. 

Feast your eyes:

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 3.44.05 PM.png

Now we can set our auto-decline or auto-accepts from the comfort of the Bulk Edit tool instead of one at a timing it. 

They were listening! They do care. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Although i am having some difficulty figuring out how to use it. Whatever I am doing with it seems to be incorrect; all I get is errors.

At this point, I would suspect it is user error to blame. I haven't invested any real time making it work so I don't know where I've taken a wrong turn. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Now we can set our auto-decline or auto-accepts from the comfort of the Bulk Edit tool instead of one at a timing it. 

They were listening! They do care. 

This will be very handy for anyone who uses the auto features (I never do, for various reasons), but I wouldn't jump into the Kool-Aid pool over it being the proof of eBay's attentive loving care.  

I think this was just another step in practical improvements to the Bulk Editor which I notice they've been doing a great deal of lately.  Since the decline of auctions, Best Offer has become the next best thing to fill the gap in eBay's FVF revenue stream. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I said that as a gentle jest. 

Kool-Aid has never been my thing. 

Is Eeyore your Spirit Animal, by chance?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I said that as a gentle jest. 

Kool-Aid has never been my thing. 

Is Eeyore your Spirit Animal, by chance?

Now that wasn't a very kind remark, but I'll let it pass it and simply say that I believe eBay ultimately does what best suits eBay's bottom line, first and foremost.  If it helps us as sellers, fine and dandy, but I doubt any of their decision-making is driven primarily by subscriber wishes.  If it were, we'd be in much better shape now that we are.  EBay's main drivers are the shareholders barking at their heels.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

It was also meant as a gentle jest. 

My own Spirit Animal is Squidward. 

I don't happen to be so delusional to think ebay was listening to my whims and wishes and made this Best Offer change to satisfy my wishes, as you seemed to imply I believed.

Have a lovely weekend, Rose-dee. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I don't happen to be so delusional to think ebay was listening to my whims and wishes and made this Best Offer change to satisfy my wishes, as you seemed to imply I believed.

You may not believe it, but that actually didn't even occur to me.  I think you've over-personalized this.  I assumed you were speaking about sellers' wishes in general.  No matter, I don't think eBay pays much attention to us, whether individually or as a group.  Their shareholders are the ones who are in the position of putting pressure on eBay, not us as lowly subscribers, scattered far and wide.  

Now as I've always said, that might be different if eBay sellers could band together and purchase a large enough block of eBay shares to have some real clout.  Which will never happen.  But just imagine...no, on the other hand maybe we shouldn't, we'll depress ourselves.  Carry on! 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

You asserted that I was 'jumping into the Kool-aid'.

Please do explain how that is not to be taken as a 'personal' remark.

I'm all ears.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You seemed to be keen to believe that we sellers must have had some direct input into eBay's decision-making in this regard.  Hence the Kool-Aid pool.  We have all drunk from it from time to time, usually to our eventual dismay.   After 15 years here, I'm afraid I've become a certified cynic, or at best a skeptical realist where eBay's decision-making is concerned.  Forgive me for speaking my mind.   In truth, it wasn't you I was criticizing, but eBay's amazing ability to inspire such trust and belief.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

You asserted that I was 'jumping into the Kool-aid'.

Please do explain how that is not to be taken as a 'personal' remark.

Just to be clear, I didn't actually assert that at all, if you'll read my earlier post.  You've mis-quoted and misunderstood.  There was no need for pique. 

There is a difference.  I said I wouldn't jump into the Kool-Aid pool over it, meaning that from my perspective I wouldn't be eager to believe eBay is actually listening to us.  

Please let's close this. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Pique? I think you're making assumptions again. 

Bye now. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

You seemed to be keen to believe that we sellers must have had some direct input into eBay's decision-making in this regard.  Hence the Kool-Aid pool.  We have all drunk from it from time to time, usually to our eventual dismay.   After 15 years here, I'm afraid I've become a certified cynic, or at best a skeptical realist where eBay's decision-making is concerned.  Forgive me for speaking my mind.   In truth, it wasn't you I was criticizing, but eBay's amazing ability to inspire such trust and belief.  

Assumptions. You are making assumptions, my dear, and you know what they say about 'assuming' things. And, like, I said you are now confirming you believed I had jumped into the pool of Koolaid.

Now, if this truly was not your intent, may I suggest you choose your words more carefully next time in reference to what I am saying?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I see no point in responding further on this.  I'll leave your post to speak for itself. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi folks! Please remember to keep the boards friendly and welcoming for everyone, further hostility/interpersonal disputes may result in this thread being closed.
-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply