Mailing by bus within Canada

I just sold some yarn to a buyer in Canada, and I got this message from her:

Have you thought about mailing your Canadian items by bus. Ontario Northland has a plastic envelope no matter the weight as long as it fits in the envelope it is 8.95 delivered to the nearest bus stop anywhere in canada.

I have never heard of this, has anyone used this method of shipping?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Greyhound also has delivery service,

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've used the bus for Christmas parcels from time to time and we have used them both for sending and  recieving parcels for our auction house.

Fast and reliable, go pretty well anywhere and reasonable rates.(I've not heard of an envelope rate though. Interesting.)

The biggest problem is that the reciever may have to pick up her parcel at the terminal, which may be a problem. Even here in the city, there has been a parcel waiting for me at the Postal Outlet for three days and will have to wait til Saturday.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Years ago I used BPX (Greyhound/Grey Coach) a lot to send out urgent orders to stores.

For eBay/consumer stuff it really only makes sense for oversized or heavy stuff and to small places where the agent location is more convenient than the Post office.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply