March 26th 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Hi everyone - post your burning questions now & we'll be here at 1PM Eastern to tackle them for you!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: March 26th 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Hi Kalvin, maybe this shouldn't be posted to you as it is a Site Issue, but thought I'd try - maybe your IT people can help me ??!!

I had posted that just in the last couple of weeks for some strange reason, when I do a search, I cannot refine that search.  For example, say looking for a dress and press on SEE ALL to refine colour, style, etc. nothing happens - the refinements don't pop up. Two nice posters looked into it  for me and said theirs are working and suggested checking looking at pop-ups - mine is enabled.  When I press SEE ALL for a second at the bottom left hand side Javascript pops us - never noticed that befote - maybe it was there, but checked and my Javascript is enabled too.  I am currently using IE8 and have had zero problems before.  My old Saved Searches still have all my refinements. 

As mentioned, I don't think this post should go to you, but thought I'd try anyway, as obviously I cannot do what I do a lot.

Many thanks. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

The new customs requirements. Will these automatically print from Paypal shipping?

013.JPG

Photobucket
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

There have been a lot of problems with paypal labels not printing the past few weeks.  I am wondering when these issues will be fixed?  When using Firefox the labels don't appear at all in the pop up box.  I have been using Internet Explorer to print labels this week, but it also has issues. 

When the pop up label window appears I have to click the "label printed successfully"  button BEFORE I can print the label.  I also had one label where the address partially ran into the "Manifest not required" area of the label.  I had to print the apt number with a pen to make it legible.

Just wondering when these issues will be fixed by paypal.  It would be nice to have some clarification about this from ebay / paypal.  A lot of sellers have been posting their concerns about this on the boards the past few weeks.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

It seems like this is going to be a shipping theme today.

Google Chrome browser when used with PayPal shipping with Canada Post prints postage stamp sized labels. This issue has gone on for close to a year now.

PayPal support says to use another browser like Internet Explorer or FireFox. Not a good solution.

With FireFox now having issues as mentioned already, Google Chrome needs to be fixed.

I know it is a PayPal problem, not eBay Canada, but PayPal simply does not fix anything in real time. eBay Canada needs to step in and put pressure on PayPal to fix Google Chrome.

Goggle Chrome browser is the most widely used browser according to different sources. It should be supported by PayPal Canada Post shipping labels.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I read in the recent announcements that the changes in criteria for TRS will include low ratings, INR, SNAD, etc. received before the announcements were made.

Also we will be able to see, in the future, who has left low ratings.  Will we also be able to see who gave the low ratings during the same time period for which we will be evaluated (particularly for 12 month evaluation periods) that are presently hidden from view?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Here is an age old problem with eBay Canada shipping in the shipping section of the Sell Your Item form. For Calculated shipping, there is minimal checking in the form for valid dimensions for the shipping services used. However, once the listing is active, checking is done and cryptic messages are show to the buyer saying to contact the seller for shipping costs most of the time and other times, nothing is shown making the listing appear to have free shipping by not showing a shipping cost.

If the active listing can check after the fact why can the SYI form not check first and warn the seller that they are inputting invalid information for the shipping service(s) selected.  After all, that is what computers are best at, checking information.

The rules for shipping from Canada Post are generally quite clear and specific as to what is allowed for dimensions and weight for the shipping service selected. So programming in the basic checks should not be a big programming job.

There are far too many posts in the forums regarding shipping issues and saying the calculating shipping is wrong.  Generally, it can be shown that is the wrong dimensions for the shipping services selected by the seller that cause the issues.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

There have been a lot of problems with paypal labels not printing the past few weeks.  I am wondering when these issues will be fixed?  When using Firefox the labels don't appear at all in the pop up box.  I have been using Internet Explorer to print labels this week, but it also has issues. 

When the pop up label window appears I have to click the "label printed successfully"  button BEFORE I can print the label.  I also had one label where the address partially ran into the "Manifest not required" area of the label.  I had to print the apt number with a pen to make it legible.

Just wondering when these issues will be fixed by paypal.  It would be nice to have some clarification about this from ebay / paypal.  A lot of sellers have been posting their concerns about this on the boards the past few weeks.

Hi forester_studios,

Unfortunately as these issues exist on the PayPal platform, we don't have full visibility on them and thus, cannot give you an accurate assessment or ETA for a fix. I can however say that they are aware of the issues and are working actively to get them resolved.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

2011limey1 wrote:

Hi Kalvin, maybe this shouldn't be posted to you as it is a Site Issue, but thought I'd try - maybe your IT people can help me ??!!

I had posted that just in the last couple of weeks for some strange reason, when I do a search, I cannot refine that search.  For example, say looking for a dress and press on SEE ALL to refine colour, style, etc. nothing happens - the refinements don't pop up. Two nice posters looked into it  for me and said theirs are working and suggested checking looking at pop-ups - mine is enabled.  When I press SEE ALL for a second at the bottom left hand side Javascript pops us - never noticed that befote - maybe it was there, but checked and my Javascript is enabled too.  I am currently using IE8 and have had zero problems before.  My old Saved Searches still have all my refinements. 

As mentioned, I don't think this post should go to you, but thought I'd try anyway, as obviously I cannot do what I do a lot.

Many thanks. 

Hi 2011limey1.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with eBay on IE8. Are you able to see refinements (either on the page already or by clicking one of the "see all" options) but they don't work when you try to apply them? Or are you not able to see the refinements at all?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Here is another issue with the eBay shipping calculator in the Sell Your Item form.

In the Add shipping details section, in the Domestic Shipping, there is a "calculate shipping" hyperlink which pops up a form to help a seller figure out what the costs will be for shipping services.  In the popup is an option to "Switch to Imperial", it does not work.

I know that Canada Post is metric and it is best to use the metric system and I use metric, however, the option is there and should work.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pocomocomputing wrote:

It seems like this is going to be a shipping theme today.

Google Chrome browser when used with PayPal shipping with Canada Post prints postage stamp sized labels. This issue has gone on for close to a year now.

PayPal support says to use another browser like Internet Explorer or FireFox. Not a good solution.

With FireFox now having issues as mentioned already, Google Chrome needs to be fixed.

I know it is a PayPal problem, not eBay Canada, but PayPal simply does not fix anything in real time. eBay Canada needs to step in and put pressure on PayPal to fix Google Chrome.

Goggle Chrome browser is the most widely used browser according to different sources. It should be supported by PayPal Canada Post shipping labels.

Hi pocomocomputing.

Always nice to see you on these threads.

Thanks for highlighting the long-standing chrome issue with PayPal labels. We have a number of things we've been asking for around the label printing platform on behalf of our customers, and we'll make sure this one doesn't get forgotten.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:

I read in the recent announcements that the changes in criteria for TRS will include low ratings, INR, SNAD, etc. received before the announcements were made.

Also we will be able to see, in the future, who has left low ratings.  Will we also be able to see who gave the low ratings during the same time period for which we will be evaluated (particularly for 12 month evaluation periods) that are presently hidden from view?

Thanks.

Hi westernstargifts,

I'm sourcing the answer to that question with the appropriate team and I'll post it here as soon as I get it.

Thanks,

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

H

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Here is an age old problem with eBay Canada shipping in the shipping section of the Sell Your Item form. For Calculated shipping, there is minimal checking in the form for valid dimensions for the shipping services used. However, once the listing is active, checking is done and cryptic messages are show to the buyer saying to contact the seller for shipping costs most of the time and other times, nothing is shown making the listing appear to have free shipping by not showing a shipping cost.

If the active listing can check after the fact why can the SYI form not check first and warn the seller that they are inputting invalid information for the shipping service(s) selected.  After all, that is what computers are best at, checking information.

The rules for shipping from Canada Post are generally quite clear and specific as to what is allowed for dimensions and weight for the shipping service selected. So programming in the basic checks should not be a big programming job.

There are far too many posts in the forums regarding shipping issues and saying the calculating shipping is wrong.  Generally, it can be shown that is the wrong dimensions for the shipping services selected by the seller that cause the issues.

Thanks pocomocomputing. You feedback on this and assessment of the situation is spot on. This is a solveable problem that we have been unsuccessful in getting attended to to this point.

I can promise that we have continued and will continue to press for these badly needed improvements. It's a terrible seller experience if you're led to believe you have specified shipping correctly - time consuming as that is - only to find that buyers are seeing a message to contact the seller to ask about shipping.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Here is another issue with the eBay shipping calculator in the Sell Your Item form.

In the Add shipping details section, in the Domestic Shipping, there is a "calculate shipping" hyperlink which pops up a form to help a seller figure out what the costs will be for shipping services.  In the popup is an option to "Switch to Imperial", it does not work.

I know that Canada Post is metric and it is best to use the metric system and I use metric, however, the option is there and should work.

Hi pocomocomputing,

Thanks for flagging this. I'll alert the appropriate team immediately.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:
Will we also be able to see who gave the low ratings during the same time period for which we will be evaluated (particularly for 12 month evaluation periods) that are presently hidden from view?

Hi again,

The answer is no, only DSRs left after this new measure is implemented will become visible to the seller.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I'd like to follow up on a question brought up by pierrelebel during last week's Board Hour. Turns out I was misinformed in my response to him, where I stated that proximity was a factor in Best Match search results. It is not.

You can find a detailed post from Rodney where he rectifies this on my behalf by clicking here.

This concludes this week's Board Hour, thanks for participating and see you next week!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

The new customs requirements. Will these automatically print from Paypal shipping?

013.JPG

Hi mr.elmwood,

Apologies if we seemed to ignore your question yesterday, I wanted to confirm with PayPal before giving you an answer. I got the answer today: yes all the new requirements for Canada Post parcels exiting the country will be reflected on the PayPal labels platform.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply