May the 4th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

The weekly session is back! Sorry for the hiatus last week. I'll be here most of the day today.

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy

Updates:

• Sold items going into Unsold container - Resolved
  • Seller marketing emails issues - Selling team assigned someone to this, waiting on news.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - under investigation with shipping team

To my fellow rebels, scoundrels and nerf herders, May the Fourth Be With You!

Star Wars Day

Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Good morning Raphael.

Here is an updated copy of my post from two weeks ago:

Good morning Raphael.

As you stated above the issue with email marketing for my eBay store (on eBay.ca) has not yet been solved.

It has been going on for twenty-five days.

Why does it take eBay so long to identify a technical issue, correct it and advise the member accordingly.

Can you imagine you having a problem with your cable, your internet, your phone, your hydro, or any other service and not getting a reply and solution after eleven days.

And you are raising the monthly cost of having an eBay store by 25%!

That is NOT the type of service eBay should provide to its members.  You guys can so better than that.  You guys must do better than that.

Many Canadian sellers here are getting tired of hearing excuses why technical problems are not identified and corrected promptly. I am one of them.

==========================================================================================

Three weeks later, I have not yet heard from eBay about the email marketing problem.  Tried it again yesterday - same result - "Failed" with no explanation as to why something that has worked for more than ten years is not working now.

One more time:

That is NOT the type of service eBay should provide to its members.  You guys can so better than that.  You guys must do better than that.

Message 2 of 74
latest reply

Then there is the problem of the wrong tax rate charged by eBay/PayPal/Pitney Bowes on some postage labels.,

This issue was first raised in January.  Yes January!

How long does it take for a manager somewhere to look at the situation, analyze it and identify the problem?

January!

Message 3 of 74
latest reply

One more following the announcement by eBay-Canada that shipping supplies wiil be available in Canadian dollars.

Please take a look at this thread;

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Canada-to-Issue-Store-Coupons-in-Canadian-Dollars/m...

.. and let us have your comments.

Message 4 of 74
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good morning Raphael.

Here is an updated copy of my post from two weeks ago:

Good morning Raphael.

As you stated above the issue with email marketing for my eBay store (on eBay.ca) has not yet been solved.

It has been going on for twenty-five days.

Why does it take eBay so long to identify a technical issue, correct it and advise the member accordingly.

Can you imagine you having a problem with your cable, your internet, your phone, your hydro, or any other service and not getting a reply and solution after eleven days.

And you are raising the monthly cost of having an eBay store by 25%!

Many Canadian sellers here are getting tired of hearing excuses why technical problems are not identified and corrected promptly. I am one of them.

==========================================================================================

Three weeks later, I have not yet heard from eBay about the email marketing problem.  Tried it again yesterday - same result - "Failed" with no explanation as to why something that has worked for more than ten years is not working now.

One more time:

Hi Pierre,

This is still with the Selling team. I have asked for an update.

Message 5 of 74
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Then there is the problem of the wrong tax rate charged by eBay/PayPal/Pitney Bowes on some postage labels.,

This issue was first raised in January.  Yes January!

How long does it take for a manager somewhere to look at the situation, analyze it and identify the problem?

January!

Not going to dispute that the silence from PayPal and PB on this is concerning, but aside from passing the report over to 2 companies that aren't my own, my hands are tied on this one. 

Message 6 of 74
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

One more following the announcement by eBay-Canada that shipping supplies wiil be available in Canadian dollars.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Canada-to-Issue-Store-Coupons-in-Canadian-Dollars/m...

Happy to answer any questions as best as I can, but from the thread you linked to, I'm unsure of what you want me to comment on.

Message 7 of 74
latest reply

Regarding eBay listing counters, the actual counter that shows at the bottom on a listing when viewed by a buyer.

The counter had issues starting last fall and was left justified and not centered on the listing page and then it disappeared completely from the listing page.

This started around the time the eBay Beta Seller Hub and the new listing tool was introduced. The new listing tool does not have a counter option. The old Sell Your Item tool does but even when selected from Add or Remove options and a counter type selected (Basic), the counter does not show.

What is the official status of the counter option?

Message 8 of 74
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Regarding eBay listing counters, the actual counter that shows at the bottom on a listing when viewed by a buyer.

The counter had issues starting last fall and was left justified and not centered on the listing page and then it disappeared completely from the listing page.

This started around the time the eBay Beta Seller Hub and the new listing tool was introduced. The new listing tool does not have a counter option. The old Sell Your Item tool does but even when selected from Add or Remove options and a counter type selected (Basic), the counter does not show.

Hi pocomo,

Good question, I'll have to dig around to figure out where to get that answer. For now I would say that the buyer-visible counter is far from material in a listing's performance and that it disappearing is low to no impact on anyone's sales. 

Message 9 of 74
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

Happy to answer any questions as best as I can, but from the thread you linked to, I'm unsure of what you want me to comment on.

Obviously, the pricing of the eBay supplies is very high.

Also the question on whether there will be import charges upon delivery. Who will be the shipping carrier?

Message 10 of 74
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Hi pocomo,

Good question, I'll have to dig around to figure out where to get that answer. For now I would say that the buyer-visible counter is far from material in a listing's performance and that it disappearing is low to no impact on anyone's sales. 

Since no one has complained as far as I can tell on eBay.com in the months since I had the issue, it is not a big seller issue.

Someone recently complained on the eBay.ca forums here:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/what-happened-to-counters/m-p/336760

and I posted a reply like what I posted to you in this topic.

I forgot about the issue until that topic.

Even though it is non-critical, the option should work if it is turned on in a listing or it should be deleted from the old SYI form.

Message 11 of 74
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

Obviously, the pricing of the eBay supplies is very high.

Also the question on whether there will be import charges upon delivery. Who will be the shipping carrier?

The carrier is USPS/Canada Post, with the corresponding importing implications.

Message 12 of 74
latest reply

Hi,

On this page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

Items must be less than $150 for free Gallery Plus etc. - Basic Store

What happens with multiple items?

Are the fees calculated on the total amount available or just for one?

If I have a listing that customers can buy up to 6 glasses at $50 ea - are listing fees based on $300, or $50?

I did receive a reply on this thread:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Items-must-be-less-than-150-for-free-Gallery-Plus-etc-Wh...

Thank you

Message 13 of 74
latest reply

"The carrier is USPS/Canada Post, with the corresponding importing implications."

OK - So Canadian sellers purchasing these items will have to pay tax (GST/HST) and $9.95 handling fee to Canada Post upon receipt.

Why not mention it clearly in the listing?

The announcement stated listings in Canadian dollars.  Yet I see listings in US$ (which means Canadians will pay 2.5% more for PayPal conversion fee).

Why US$ when the announcements states Cdn$ ?

Message 14 of 74
latest reply

Good Morning Raphael,  I am having a problem with being charged FVF on shipping when domestically I have free shipping.  I called ebay and the CSR was clueless about what I was speaking about.  This was for May.  I couldn't check April as it is being processed.  Others have complained about this too.

eBay item number:   201567113982

Message 15 of 74
latest reply

I found 2 more from April that were charged FVF on shipping when domestically I had free shipping.   

Message 16 of 74
latest reply

Hi Raphael. Up until yesterday, I was paying my seller fees in US $. My automatic payment was my American Express card. I changed my billing currency yesterday and tried to add my credit card again, but the system does not want to accept it. It says "Visa or MasterCard" only. Do you know why I can use it for my billing in US $, but not in CAD $? It does not make any sense... thanks!

Message 17 of 74
latest reply

Good day. I sell stamps and almost everything I ship goes in a #10 envelope. The shipping supplies offered, at any price, are of no use to me. It sure would be nice if I could apply that quarterly coupon to something else, like my overpriced store fees! Also, since I haven't called CS in the 3 1/2 years I've been selling stamps on eBay, I don't see where the dedicated CS line for my anchor store is going to be of any value to me. I'm afraid I don't see where I'm getting much of anything for my large increase in store fees. Al

Message 18 of 74
latest reply

Hi Raphael,

When a Canadian buyer wants to return a not as described item to a Canadian seller, is it possible for the seller to issue a return label through eBay and/or does eBay send the buyer a return label? I believe that both options are available to U.S. sellers and buyers but I'm not aware of a way that it can be done here.

Message 19 of 74
latest reply

For boxes measuring 18" x 14" x 12 " 

On eBay.com the price is $27.03 US with free shipping

Yet on eBay.ca the same boxes cost lots more   close to four times more ... also....with "free shipping"

---------------------------------------------------------

Free shipping means zero cost for shipping.... NOT shipping included

Free shipping has to be by definition  the same for all sellers.... a zero cost for shipping 

If the price is $27.03 US with free shipping  for eBay.com sellers...

Then...

Why is it not $27.03 with free shipping on eBay.ca.... and the same for all sellers on eBay.com  and eBay.ca

On eBay.com  a seller with an Anchor store can buy   three units of these boxes  and add a few dollars

Yet on eBay.ca  they are priced at $134.75 Canadian dollars.....  and a Canadian seller  can buy  one unit...  maybe ... if they did not have a less costly source for supplies

A ratio of three to one ... for the same item.....is not a fair deal....

---------------------------------------------

At the current pricing of supplies  for Canadian sellers..... One can predict that few if any Canadian sellers will buy supplies 

At these prices Canadian sellers will ...not .... get the value of the coupon...

Compared..... to sellers on eBay.com

Message 20 of 74
latest reply