Member has asked for my email address to send money thru because he can't pay without it. This OK?

A Member has asked for my email address to send money thru because he can't do without it. Is this OK?

Is this legitimate & required in some cases? I have posted the shipping charges for his very distant country. I reside in Canada. What is peculiar with this 'Buy Now" item is that he has no issues with paying hundreds of dollars in shipping for an item listed for a couple of hundred. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Just some input...   If the buyer does not have at least...

"Is this legitimate & required in some cases?"

Scammers tend to steer buyers/sellers into a different direction. This transaction is no different than any of your previous transactions. Be leary of buyers who try to tell you how to run your auction. 

Your listings say you ship to Canada and the United States. If the buyer is not in either country, did they get your permission to bid on your item? If not, you should set your buyer requirements in My Ebay, Account, Site Preferences to block bidders in countries you do not post to and file an unpaid item dispute against the buyer.

If you are willing to ship to them and have provided them with an invoice, all they need to do is click on the Pay Now button. If they don't have a paypal account, file an unpaid item dispute against them as paypal is your listed payment method and by bidding, they agreed to pay by that method.

Also in your buyer requirements, you should block bidders who do not have a paypal account

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Just some input...   If the buyer does not have at least...

Just some input...

If the buyer does not have at least as much feedback as you I can pretty much guarantee you this is credit card fraud. Not caring about enormous sums for shipping is a frequent sign of credit card fraud. The person is going to grab your item and you will receive a chargeback from Paypal when the owner of the card disputes the unauthorized transaction.

Further to this, there is absolutely no reason for an ebay buyer to ask for your email before making payment.

Can't say this is the case for certain without having any actual details, but this is something I've battled against with ecommerce in the past.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply