My item has been at the global shipping program hub for 3 days.

jare_mark
Community Member
Should I be worried.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No, the item is being re-packed and processed for GSP import fees. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How long does it take
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's not being repacked.

The labour cost alone of repacking thousands of packages an hour makes that idea an urban legend.

Some packages are repacked, often badly, because the seller did not make the contents or there origin clear on the package. When a package has been opened an eBay/PB notice is included.

It happened to my one and only GSP purchase. And the packaging of a trade paperback book 1cm thick was into  a box about 12 cm deep, with extra paper padding so the packaging was not done to reduce bulk or weight as the legend goes.

Once your purchase reaches the GSP plant in Kentucky the seller's tracking and responsibility ends.

The GSP does have tracking on the parcel, but it is not transparent or made easily available to the public.

One reason is that it is irrelevant to the buyer, except emotionally.

If your purchase does not arrive in a timely manner (about 20 days from purchase is my metric) you are covered by both eBay and Paypal Buyer Protection.

But since you are getting upset:

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Repacking may be the wrong word... open and resealed would be more accurate. I've had 10 transactions with the GSP and 9 out 10 were opened and resealed.

Be patient, you should have tracking updates for your item until it arrives at your door. I just received a package from a Seller that used the GSP.    

Message 5 of 5
latest reply