My sales are way down

I don't know if it the time of year or posting in CAD $ or me,but my sales are terrible

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: My sales are way down

The possibility of a postal strike in Canada for the last several weeks has resulted in most e-retailers claiming much lower sales.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Pierre has the right of it.

People are avoiding online shopping in Canada at the moment.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ebay should send a note to members that the Canadian Postal service is safe for the moment

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Do you have email newsletter subscribers? If so, that's a good message for a weekly newsletter. We are allowed some crazy high number of eBay newsletters with store subscription.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Mine says 

Number of free emails left this month: 7500

I have only a handful of subscribers and they email sending system is somewhat temperamental.

Things to consider if you opt to subscribe to a store one day.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It has been a very bad month for me also. I have only sold 5 items. And mostly to new buyers. I think it is a number of factors. Mostly the threat of a Postal strike, summer time when people are on vacation or more outdoors & the change to Canadian currency.  Good thing this is only a hobby for me & not my livelihood.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@jazzywazzyaaron wrote:

I don't know if it the time of year or posting in CAD $ or me,but my sales are terrible

I am not a fan of the way you have constructed your titles. I feel that your keywords are out of order, plus, you have a lot of words that are non searchable.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Sorry for my ignorance on all the issues you mentioned

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am really trying to be delicate, but, my ASD does not allow me to form thoughts that are fit for gentle society.

"QUEBEC WATER COLOR ON CARDBOARD OF A RURAL WINTER SCENE FRAMED"

Only capitalize the first letter of each word. All capitals is hard to read and is considered yelling. The words "on, of, a, scene" people would not use for searching. The choice of "Quebec", first, may be off-putting to some non-Quebecers. You are making that more important than the subject matter.

"Rural Winter Water Color Painting Cardboard Framed Signed" etc and put the painter's name in the title. Add words to use all 80 character spaces "fence, barn, sleigh".

Your item specifics are actually quite good.many sellers do not use them at all.

Four pictures? Use all twelve. Take pictures from all angles. Ya know how you are in a store, pick something up, flip it around, look at all sides, etc? Do that.

I was chatting with Jonathan C. at The eBay Radio Party, last June, Sr Product Manager iPhone. 62% of all transactions are touched by a mobile device. I asked him to show me how people search. They input relevant keywords and then choose the best picture. They then flick the screen to see how many pictures are there. Twelve pictures is a hook.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your advice

Message 11 of 11
latest reply