My seller has advised they are away until the end of August, even though I paid promptly befor they left. What can I do? The item is a gift

twocolors18
Community Member

The auction ended July 12, I paid on 13th. On the 16th I asked seller about the shipping status and get a massage they are away until August 30!!

What can I do? It is borderline fraudulent to post an item knowing that you would not fulfill the sale...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My seller has advised they are away until the end of August, even though I paid promptly befor they left. What can I do? The item is a gift

Hi ..Write seller back and request an immediate refund.  None by Friday , go to the resolution center in your PayPal account and open an item not received dispute. In note state seller refusing to ship.

Should be able to escalate to a claim on friday or as soon as PP will allow.

Once refunded can leave appropriate feedback and low DSRs.

If seller treats the other 6/7 buyers for the same timeframe in the same manner , will return from vacation without the ability to sell on eBay.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Did you communicate before bidding to make sure you would receive the item in good time to give it as a gift.  I would ask you to consider how stressful it can be in the days leading up to a vacation.  It is possible the seller will be monitoring messages while on vacation so why not send him a e-mail and tell him you would like a refund because you are unable to wait until the end of August.   If you get no reply then go through the resolution centre and make a claim.  I certainly would not try to bring the seller to his knees by leaving low DSR's.  Good communication is the best way to go.  ALWAYS.  Modelmaam.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Sellers are required to ship items in 7 days or less from the time they receive payment for the item. To take a month and a half to ship is completely unacceptable. At the very least the seller deserves a low shipping time DSR. Any seller who is planning to be away for an extended period of time should have ended all their listings ahead of time to prevent this problem from ever arising.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I would say its a scam they are asking you to wait exactly 45-46 days which means by then you would be out the money ... Go to resolution centre now and file a case

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

This was from an earlier post ..

"I would ask you to consider how stressful it can be in the days leading up to a vacation"

You the buyer and buying something which is under failry strict guidelines I would not be considering buddy going on holidays for a month how stressful it can be that is a laughable comment ... File a case because no seller has the right to ask you to wait a month ..

When my wife was having a kid I only made my buyers wait 4 days .... Vacation LOL more like I am going to dissapper until it is to late for you to get your money back and then spend well on vacation

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What should be stressful is abusing your buyer's good faith.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You may not be able to file an item not received dispute after 45 days but you can still leave negative feedback and low DSRs.

Please follow the advice of the previous responders and demand a refund or file a dispute through paypal's resolution centre before the 45 day deadline.

The seller does sound like a scammer in suggesting you wait over a month for an item. Let's hope the other buyers file disputes within 45 days so the lowlife can get removed.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hello 'twocolors',

The seller may have put the store on vacation before actually leaving.  You may get your item in the usual time it would take.  The seller should have responded to your email anyway.

You will not lose your money because you can file that claim everyone has mentioned.  Whether or not you choose to wait a couple weeks to see if the thing shows up is your decision.  Often a seller has the store officially on vacation but the person has not actually left town yet.

When you paid you will have gotten a receipt in your regular email which includes the seller's regular email address.  Even on vacation most folks check their email.

Your seller has good feedback and no indication of a problem, and it's not a huge enough sum to abscond with.  If you want the shirt, you have nothing to lose by waiting to see if it arrives.  The seller's timing was bad, and he should have checked his ebay mails, but that does not mean the item is not on its way.  Filing a claim after only 5 days is one of the reasons sellers increasingly need to send everything with the more expensive Delivery Confirmation. 

It's a gorgeous shirt.  If it were me I'd want to see if it shows up.  And the following link will tell you what to do when items do not arrive, with a link to the Resolution Center if need be:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Dmil,the OP's seller doen't have a store. The best course of action here is to open the item not received dispute as soon as possible.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply