My sort by drop down box not offering options. Has this changed?

I seem unable to select options from the sort drop down box.  Usually the choices are ending soonest, newley listed, higest price etc.

Is there a change in this option?

Mike

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: My sort by drop down box not offering options. Has this changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been having the same issue with the sorting button.

Doug D

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

This seems to be a problem on IE. They may have updated their site and ebay hasn't 'caught up' yet.

The drop down works fine on Firefox.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Has a solution been made for the drop down box offering options.......?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The whole site was a mess for me last night & this morning.

Nothing seemed to be working right.

That included IE & Chrome.

Thought it was a problem at my end, but all other sites were functioning well.

Early this evening everything was up & running properly again.

I just hope that is the end of the problems.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thursday night 11 pm to 1 am Friday morning Pacific Time is the weekly scheduled maintenance for eBay.com and ebay.ca. Since mid December, ebay has been changing the site a lot with glitches showing on Friday. Some get fixed the same day, some take days or more. So beware of issues that may occur each Friday that may cause issues. Try to plan for issues on Friday and make it a less critical work day if you can. There were always glitches from this maintenance period but there seems to be a lot more lately.

I would also suggest that you make sure that you clear your computer browser cookies and cache on Friday to get rid of any old cached ebay modules that may have been changed since Thursday. Restart your computer also on Friday morning to give it a fresh start. This might help minimize issues on Friday morning and the weekend.

Personally, I use free CCleaner daily at least a couple of times to clear my computer temp files, browser cache and cookies. I have found this minimizes issues with eBay. It also keeps my computer which is an older XP computer.

eBay seems to be making a lot of changes in the appearance of the system for buyers and sellers. Many glitches each week from what I see and what I read here in these forums.

And the 2014 Spring Seller update is to be announced soon. More changes. Wow! Makes it so hard to work on the site.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Same problem on IE for about 5 or more days.Some buttons are fine ,but sort,view in RU part of the page and item location,show only etc in right collumn not working.

There are no problem on Google Chrome.

Starnge that till today problem is not fixed or maybe nobody care ?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I just replied to another post about a similar problem. Try changing the Compatibility View if you are using IE browser. That torn paper icon at the very top of your screen and to the left. One click and then try your features that weren't working.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

My Windows 7 with Firefox and / or IE are ok but a friend with Windows 8 and IE has not drop down sort and from what I understand he hasn't been able to add Firefox to Windows 8.    Lots of complaints about that issue!!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Tried,no help,still have the same problem on ie8

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Is anyone at ebay working on this issue ???.... it is going on since a week now ?!??!?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

It's pretty amazing that a site like eBay can't ou won't give us any kind of answer after a week. We're just it's customers after all...

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

agree

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

eBay is doing nothing except blaming it on Internet Explorer

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

As for now some problems are fixed.

Still have a problem with my  Watch List,only one button (Compare) out of 4 is working.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply