NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM NON-PAYING BIDDERS

I just received 33 negative feedbacks from a non-paying bidder. I thought that once you filed a "non-paying" bidder alert, the person could not post negative feedback on your account.

I was also under the impression that if a person did not pay for three items then he would loose his registration. Or is it three different sellers?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

(1) For all of the UIDs that were filed, and the bidder did not reply to, eBay will reportedly remove the score, but not the comments. eBay will add notations to each comment that the bidder did not respond to an unpaid item dispute. This is supposed to be done automatically although I do not know how long it takes eBay's system to do it. If it doesn't happen within 24 hours you should contact eBay about it.

(2) It is UIDs from three different (i)sellers(/i) that results in suspension.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
OUCH!! You'd better reread some stuff cause that's not at all the case. Buyers that don't respond to UPI disputes can still leave whatever feedback they want. eBay will removed the big red Neg but the comment stays.

If a buyer has 3 different sellers close UPI disputes and give them the FVF then they will get NARU'd. The key is having sellers file FVF. So many for some dum reason do not. Too many of them feel that it's not worth it for a few pennies. That however is not the point. The point is to give them a UPI (Unpaid Item) strike!

You need to blanket this clown in a sea of red too!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The 33 negatives is not all the dirt this person has done me. She bought 35 items, didn't pay for 22, but paid for 13. Yesterday afternoon she emailed me asking for tracking number and proceeded to file for a PayPal reversal immediately after for almost $600.00. I checked the tracking and found that items were successfully delivered to her address at noon.

Any words of wisdom? I am sinking here.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Well, leaving lots of negative feedback is one thing, trying to get goods for nothing is a crime. She's in the U.S. so here are the links to file with the FBI and USPS fraud departments:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

Also, sellers sometimes have found contacting the fraudulent buyer's state Attorney Generals' office and local county Sheriff's department has yielded some success. Your bidder probably thinks she's safe from any kind of legal trouble because you're in a different country which is not true.

You might consider e-mailing her first and telling her you will be contacting these agencies with proof that she has received the items. By filing the PayPal claim she is comitting fraud and she can avoid being reported by removing the PayPal claims within 48 hours. If you can get her to drop the PayPal filings without having to report her would make less work for you.

Ultimately, for $600.00 you may also be able to sic a collection agency on her for a percentage of the amount.

Good Luck.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I thought once you responded to paypal with the tracking number they automatically put the money back in your account. At least that has been my experience.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank You so much for the info and addresses. Anytime you are in Sarnia, I will buy you lunch. Just let me know when.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
That's been my experience too Bossy. I also try to make a habit of entering the tracking number with PayPal after the item has been sent. Even if it's a few days later. Apparently that will circumvent any claim from proceeding. PP would already have record of the tracking information and deny the claim from starting.

That's my understanding of it anyways.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you GoE! :(

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Okay, I've looked and looked and I cannot see where to enter a tracking # into the PP record. Help? ....
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Look at the payment page and it's a link right next to the Print Packing Slip link. Enter the tracking number there. :)

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Oh, duh!

Thank you!
Message 11 of 11
latest reply