Need advise regarding non-receipt

Dear all,

here's the situation: 

back in March I purchased a DVD set, item was supposed to arrive no longer than the 19th.

It's way past the 19th and I contacted the seller on the 29th (thought I gave it a week to see if the item would arrive, but it did not).

Messaged him a couple of time, was very late and slow in responding,

finally tonight I received a message from the seller that states he has refunded me the money, but I will need to cancel the transaction or it will open up an unpaid item dispute due to the seller manager pro software.

Is this true? Do I need to cancel the transaction first? Because that seems contrary to what eBay says ...

your advise is much appreciated, thank you

Kind regards,

AG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need advise regarding non-receipt

It's a matter of trust.

A Mutual Cancellation gives the seller his fees back and allows both parties to end the transaction amicably. Both can leave feedback.

Usually, the refund is first and the MC agreement follows, but as I say, a matter of trust.

Tell the seller that you are happy to agree to the Cancellation and will leave friendly feedback, but you would like to have your refund as soon as possible.

And then follow through with appropriate feedback "Dealt with problem amicably." You might want to give only four stars for Communication, since you found him slow to answer questions. Normal transactions should get Five Stars. The lowest rating is one star. No stars is a free pass.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Need advise regarding non-receipt

....or it will open up an unpaid item dispute due to the seller manager pro software.

Even if you have been refunded, an unpaid item dispute can not be filed because you did originally pay. But I do suggest that you agree to the cancellation once you have been refunded.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply