New Boards

First observations:

1) Why do you show the wrong registration date for posters?  My profile shows 2003 while I was in fact registered with eBay way back in the last century (1998)

2) I noticed that the link shown in some recent posts are no longer linked.

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: New Boards

Yes, clamoring.

Most boards have it, so I'll be very surprised if it doesn't show up in the next phase.

Message 81 of 106
latest reply

Image-files TEST:

Previously-uploaded SMILEY-Picts:

(From "My Uploaded Images" tab).

cool.gif  plain.gif  wink.gif  love.gif  silly.gif  grin.gif  shocked.gif  devil.gif  wink.gif  cry.gif

An uploaded SCREEN-CAP of dual-tabbed Insert-Image dialog:

My_Uploaded_Images_DIALOG_Screen-Cap.png

◄◄ ►►

Message 82 of 106
latest reply

good question--Americans don't speak or spell English correctly but Canadians mostly still do--except for our media who has taken to rhyming missiles with whistles the American way!

Message 83 of 106
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@aernethril wrote:

Re the Avatars - It seems that these are set to to what is used on your My World - so how has fruitacres managed to have a different avatar here to the one on their My World page?

Probably he changed it since the last time he logged in here.

Thank you for that.

I'm a bit surprised that you cannot ignore a member on the boards.  I was never a fan when the function was first introduced as I felt it was open to causing even more problems.

But in the past few weeks, I've come to find just how much easier it is to avoid those kinds of posters who just want to post to antagonise.

Thank you all - you've been great sports for going over first and sorting the early glitches out - even if you did have no choice in the matter.

Message 84 of 106
latest reply

How do we get our own images on here?

It doesn't seem to like us dragging and dropping as we can on the old forums.

Message 85 of 106
latest reply

First of all: thanks to the Canadian posters for allowing us to visit here and learn from you, too. 🙂

Hope you don't mind me coming back here to try something out. I've just seen Aerne's latest post and had to smile as that was exactly what I was trying to figure out.

I'm sure I tried the dragging thingy before and it didn't work ... ah, still doesn't work although it looks okay in the reply box but not the preview and I get this error message:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Soooo, trying to figure out how to do it and hope it will work when following these steps:

1. crystal ballclick the insert image
  2. choose "from another site"
  3. enter URL
  4. name image
  5. choose come more options (like right for my wee crystal ball) if wanted and then
  6. click "insert"

Just a wee screen snip:

add pic - screen

Wondering whether it will work or not ... another thing I just noticed: is there no longer a way to center a pic after it has been inserted?

Or format paragraphs?

And how do I get rid of a pop-up (smileys, for example) if I don't want to use any of them?

I bet all these questions have been asked before - please, just ignore ... will go and look for answers.

Thanks again.

Message 86 of 106
latest reply

testing (please ignore)

Message 87 of 106
latest reply

"is there no longer a way to center a pic"

I did centre the image above using HTML with the center /center tag

Message 88 of 106
latest reply

That was me, over sixty years ago, on the day of my first communion!

Message 89 of 106
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

That was me, over sixty years ago, on the day of my first communion!

What a nice photo, Pierre! Thanks for sharing it. Smiley Happy

Thanks also for the hmtl-tip - will try it now (never to good with those).

crystal ball

Wonder if it will work (have been trying for a while now and wanted to quote you without showing your pic again but whenever I removed it here, I got the invalid html-error message) ... so much easier to just click a formatting button, though.

Have those paragraph buttons disappeared completely?

Message 90 of 106
latest reply

"wanted to quote you without showing your pic again" I find it easier to NOT use the "quote" function but simply copy the words/sentences I want to quote and italized them.
Message 91 of 106
latest reply

Photobucket

Hello everyone

Message 92 of 106
latest reply

Hello Petal, I'm having a nosey around in anticipation of what to expect in UK Smiley Wink

Message 93 of 106
latest reply

Thanks again, Pierre. 🙂

I quite like the quotes, though ... just wish they would stand out a bit more.

Petal, why are your gifs clickable?

Just wondering ....

Message 94 of 106
latest reply

@luise*75 wrote:

Thanks again, Pierre. 🙂

I quite like the quotes, though ... just wish they would stand out a bit more.

Petal, why are your gifs clickable?

Just wondering ....

The clickable gifs are when the command used starts with "a href=...." then the "img src=......."  follows and the "/a" closes the tags (changing the " for the open/shut tags)

So, if you want to make sure you do not post with a clickable link, you remove the bit in the first set of tags which just points to the website hosting the pic and remove the last "/a" and just use the part which begins with "img src=...."

So, replacing the tags with * - this: *a href="http://www.freewebproxy.com/"**img src="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/dduyp.jpg" alt="Free Web Proxy"**/a*

can be reduced to *img src="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/dduyp.jpg" alt="Free Web Proxy"*

and then you'll get ............

Message 95 of 106
latest reply

arrgh.gif

Ruddy Firefox strikes again!!!

Message 97 of 106
latest reply

just testing something ... hope that's okay.

Yep, it worked as I had hoped it would.

Thank you!

Message 98 of 106
latest reply

The first question on this thread was: "Why do you show the wrong registration date for posters?  My profile shows 2003 while I was in fact registered with eBay way back in the last century (1998)"

The answer provided: "This is when you first signed on to the community. This is not your eBay registration date."

It turns out that is not the answer.  From a thread on eBay.com, a member of the eBay Community Team gave a different answer:

"2003 was when we converted the really old boards to the Live World platform , thats why your date is 2003. Congrats for being such a longtime contributor to the community!"

That makes sense!

Message 99 of 106
latest reply

The answer given was partially true for members who first posted to forums after the 2003 start date for Liveworld.

PS I saw that answer also when yesterday I "discovered" the new eBay.com weekly sessions with eBay staff similar to our eBay.ca weekly sessions.

Message 100 of 106
latest reply