New Free Insertion Fee Promotion May 13-19 Auction style

19 REPLIES 19

Re: New Free Insertion Fee Promotion May 13-19 Auction style

I received this email and for some reason the discount isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I was actually told this was a spoof. I don't know what's going on anymore lol

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Yes, same problem here.  

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

It is working for me on both .com and .ca

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh how I hate those wordings "invited sellers only"!!  Grrrr to eBay!

eBay,c ome one, allow to every sellers!!!!

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

So wait, they told me it was a spoof but it really isn't a spoof. I got an email saying I'm an invited seller and yet it doesn't work and they told me on the phone I wasn't eligible. So why did I get the email saying I was?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

That was a slap in the face clipmart!

No problem with the listing sale  with my .ca account, but my .com account just used up what was left of the 50 free and I didn't notice the $4. fee before I hit commit on a bulk re-list.

I called in and what happened is that this is my .com ID and any listing for the listing sale have to be placed directly on eBay.com to get the free listing.

That's going to really mess up my accounts! Oh well it keeps me fighting with my dyslexia!

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is becoming very strange for 2nd times in a row!  It works on eBay.com but NOT on eBay.ca and yet I see that one of you can list on eBay.ca??!!

I read the announcement, it seems to be only on eBay.com, nothing about ebay.ca.

Is eBay snubbing the Canadian sellers or what??

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

The promotion is working fine for me on eBay.ca . I received the email on Monday evening and only this morning is the same message on my eBay message system (a day into the promotion). This is what usually happens, although sometimes it's the other way around - and a couple of times I've received neither but the promotion has been active for me anyway.  Go figure????

My solution is: whenever I hear about a promotion (whether I get notified or not) I go to "All Selling" and scroll down to "Promotional Offers"  and the correct information has always been there.  Then I try out one listing to make sure. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@bellwether51 wrote:
My solution is: whenever I hear about a promotion (whether I get notified or not) I go to "All Selling" and scroll down to "Promotional Offers"  and the correct information has always been there.  Then I try out one listing to make sure. 

I agree.

I didn't get an email invite for this promo, but when I check my Promotional Offers today I see 0 used of 1000 available.

But remember, when the number used up is zero -- on ebay.ca it only shows the .ca promo, on ebay.com it shows the .com promo. Once you have stuff listed against a promo, it will show no matter which site you're signed on to.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I'm really confused with all of this. When I do as you say and go to "all selling" "promotional offers" the offer is there. It just doesn't work. I'm just really upset right now that to basically shut me up they told me this email was a spoof.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

It is becoming very strange for 2nd times in a row!  It works on eBay.com but NOT on eBay.ca and yet I see that one of you can list on eBay.ca??!!

I read the announcement, it seems to be only on eBay.com, nothing about ebay.ca.

Is eBay snubbing the Canadian sellers or what??

The info says that it is available on both sites and it works for me on both sites.

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2014/0513/1000aDay.html

When is it? This Promotion will begin on Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Monday, May 19, 2014, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com. For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Monday, May 19, 2014, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the "Promotion Period").

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Have you tried again today to see if you will get charged? If you are, you should phone customer service again and ask if they are going to credit you if you list on .ca since you were invited to the promotion. Or...try listing on .com instead.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shoot!!  Lucky you!

It seems that I received my promo with "com" only nothing about "ca".   I sure want "ca" so I can relist my items in the inventory.  Darn!

It looks like eBay is playing "games"with us by sending us the promo with "com" only not both.  I would rather recieved it with both sites.  Darn!!

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to list an item on "ca" and I see my monthly free listings reduced, so it is no from "free listing promo" as it is not there in my account only "com".  Darn!!

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@clipmart wrote:

I'm really confused with all of this. When I do as you say and go to "all selling" "promotional offers" the offer is there. It just doesn't work.

Reasons it might not work:

* auctions must be 5 days, 7 days or 10 days

* Only sellers whose accounts still meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible.

* All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply ...

* Promotion does not apply to the following: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings and Business and Industrial categories of: Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

10-day duration doesn't work.

I noticed with my past experience with free listings promos when they offered 10-day, it doesn't work but when I got the other free listings promos without 10-day duration, it worked!!  It does happened for me all the time.

When I see "10-day duration" I have to test it to see if it works but it doens't work, same thing with without 10-day and it worked each time!  Very strange for eBay, way way too many so-called glitches!!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

So Yesterday I received a .com invite in my ebay inbox. 4 days later. Tried to relist in bulk last night, some worked, others didn't (because they were created on .ca) Then I went into .ca some worked, others didn't. All my auctions were created on .ca.  Obviously somethings going a bit freaky with ebay coding.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I actually now have this promo on both accounts, yet it's trying to charge me for relisting the items on both. I have 11 of the 1000 left on my promo and it won't let me do it on either account.

To the person asking about the refund, I was refunded for 2 items as I was working with customer service to try to figure it out when the charges were made, but those are the only two I was charged for as I never completed the listing process because I could see they were going to charge me.
Message 20 of 20
latest reply