New ebay "rewards" for seller

Other crap from ebay regarding the New ebay "rewards" for seller. Because of the high shipping cost of Canadapost, I believe only those "Sell to Canada only" seller can get the 20% off FVF rewards.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sell/June2008Update/Details/index.html#rewards
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Just another pile of dreck to add to the huge pile of dreck sitting outside the silo on the funny farm aka ebay
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Nope, even I mostly sell to Canada now, people still not happy. I think many people have no clue whatsover on current costs, so e-bay cleverly culculated that they won't need to pay much for this marketing BS.
Message 3 of 46
latest reply

What a joke !!
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

Dunno.... we fully expect to get the 20% 🙂

30% or our sales are to overseas, less than 5% to Canada and we mark up shipping costs aprx. 25-35%.

There is no downside to the program, only upsides.

Bernie
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Wow congrats Bernie, very impressive feedback!
Our model citizen 🙂

What's your secret of success?

Do you ship regular airmail? How do you get pass that ridiculous 2mm thickness imposed by the post?
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Bernie and Xena,

Congrats! It's a pleasure to know that the new challenge of all 4.9's is obtainable! You are definitely a role model we can all follow!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Thanks guys and gals!

I did not post to gloat but simply to point out that targets are achievable.

Once scorned as the fabric of dreamers, man has flown to the moon.

It would be a slap in the face if eBay substituted the 5% & 15% discounts for the 20% one, but they are not. They are simply adding another reward.

For the ones that don't achieve it (and I cannot guarantee that we will always receive it either), nothing changes. For the one's that do, a few more bucks in their pockets.

With the 15% structure, we received $105 in discounts on our May invoice. As far as I am concerned, that's not peanuts. Actually, it made for a sushi and sake evening:-)

Bernie
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Do you ship regular airmail?

70% "light" packets, 30% "small" packets and the occasional parcel.

How do you get pass that ridiculous 2mm thickness imposed by the post?

Last year, we experimented a bit (quite a lot, actually), spoke with a few CP reps in Ottawa and bounced some thoughts off other eBay sellers.

In the course of such we made some very interesting "discoveries", all of which I am loath to post here.

However, rest assured that there are quite effective ways to deal with items that are over 2cm thick. From what I gather, a multitude of sellers already know this.

Hint: Use Venture One and Paypal exclusively to create shipping labels. We only clued in to the PP version recently but have been using it since for "light" packets.

Print one out and you will likely see what I mean.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 9 of 46
latest reply

Susan,

You have exceptional FB, congratulations!

YOU are definitely a role model for what can be achieved if you believe that you are capable of doing so.

Keep it up!

Bernie
Message 10 of 46
latest reply

g-manthebossman
Community Member
xena why not help out your fellow sellers here with the info on cp it is so hard to make a buck as a canadian seller using cp any help would be greatly appreciated, is the point of this db to help others? anyway i hope you will reconsider.

p.s. congrats on the great fb
Message 11 of 46
latest reply

manthebossman,

We are conducive to sharing any insight we have. However, this forum is not the proper venue to reveal loopholes in CP's system.

IMO, anyone whose interest is piqued, would simply email us:-D

Cheers
Bernie
Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Wow Susan, you are another model citizen here! Congrats 🙂
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Thanks for the hints 🙂 i have been using it since day one but international light packet is still fairly expensive at $3.99 for low value and very light weight item. I hope the customer can understand but judging from the dsr rating, they don't 😞
Message 14 of 46
latest reply

g-manthebossman
Community Member
xena can you send me your email on my ebay messages and i will communicate with you there, most of my packages are parcels and shipping is brutal, 10-60 dollars an item!
Message 15 of 46
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Bernie & marcopoloca,

Thank you both for the compliments and the words of encouragement.

I'm up for the challenges that are ahead! i KNOW that all will work out! I just need to figure out stated flat rate shipping that works for my store and what I sell.

Have a great week to you both!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 16 of 46
latest reply

xena can you send me your email on my ebay messages

...um.... if you want something, would it not be in order if YOU made the effort to send us an email?;-)

The "tips" thing only works for non-parcels. For parcels you will have to see what alternatives there are. We have almost no experience with parcels (less than 1% of our shipments).

international light packet is still fairly expensive at $3.99

It's actually a bargain. Ever try sending a 100 gr. package from Europe to here? I have on many occasions and it's about 50% more.

To all those of you who sent us emails (lots, wow!), I will be replying later in the day - Monday morning is extra-frenzy packing day LOL!

Bernie
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Now i am confused by the "tips"

Hope to hear from your replied email soon 🙂

the problem is i am not sending 100Grams, more like 5 grams 😞 but it cost the same regardless.
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Hi Bernie, could you please forward your suggestions to me as well, thanks Lore
Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Sorry everyone for not getting back to you today. Xena is touring Europe these days (must be nice, eh ? ....) and I am trying to run 4 businesses in her absence.

Lore, could you pls. send an email so I can add yours to the 47 others I received?

Tomorrow (actually, that would be today) I will endeavour to actually reply to all of you that have emailed.

Bernie
Message 20 of 46
latest reply