No extra free listing promos so far this June

No free promos posted in these eBay.ca forums for the month of June yet. Seems quiet and the month is almost half over. We were trending May and before at 2 promos a month.

I did find this topic in the USA forums that there is a current Auction promo running. Maybe the number of seller invitations are fewer now?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Any-listing-Promos-out-There/m-p/24097710

The link in the topic above for the free promo is

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/0609/Auction.html

I tried and am not invited. But perhaps it will activate for other member reading this forum. The terms seem to say it is only for ebay.com. Changing the URL from .com to .ca gives an invalid URL so it is not offered on eBay.ca as far as I can tell.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: No extra free listing promos so far this June

Yes, I've been hoping for another promo to appear.  I usually get invited to just about every one on .ca, although I can't always take advantage of them.  

Sadly the most recent promo (30-day fixed price) would have been one of the more useful ones for me, but I was down for nearly a week with the 'flu of all things -- at this time of year!  I'm hoping they throw another fixed price promo our way soon. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Saw the same thread, must not be widespread (I didn't get it on an id's) as there hasn't been anything other than that one mention that I've seen and the promo started on the 9th.

There is also the capped fvf promo going around, $40, $20 or even $10, I didn't get those either.

I could really use a promo right now, I have a bunch of twaddle to peddle because I'm too lazy to create any new listings of good stuff! My Fixed Price stuff from the May Promo all ended on Wednesday.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

..... but I was down for nearly a week with the 'flu of all things -- at this time of year!  I'm hoping they throw another fixed price promo our way soon.... 

Sorry to hear you were under the weather! We had that flu here as well. The kids were ornery and I survived but the Man of The House was knocked flat for four days. 

My listings end in big wads at different times but I'm between clumps right now. In another seven to 10 days, I'll start to get anxious for a free fix, hahah. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it has been way too quite.  Hope we will get one sometimes this week.  I missed the time when we get lots of free promos like last year comparing to this year.  Fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Nothing yet

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Fingers crossed for at least one 30 days FP promo by the end of the month, cuz that's when my listings will expire.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Actually, a listing promo would do me little to no good at present because anything I try to re-list or 'sell similar' has the mandatory UPC Product Identifier now in place.

No biggie, right?

Wrong.

All the 'custom item specific UPC and MPN' that I did in preparation for this (as per ebay instructions) were pointless: the information did not transfer.

I have to manually add them again. All. And the last time I tried to put them in while doing a bulk relist, the data vanished.

I'm so frustrated that I could almost bite my pencil into kindling. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

This might just be the end for promos. With 13 more days left in the month I am skeptical about 2 promotions this month.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

If there isn't any promos by the end of the month, I'm gonna consider importing my listings to other free marketplaces Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I agree, zee-chan.  It's bad enough that they cut the free monthly listings from 200 down to 80; but eliminating free listings completely may be the last straw.  Definitely time to consider what alternatives currently exist.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

There was an invitation only promo in early June from the 3rd - 9th for 2,000 auctions..it seems not too many people received it.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0603/Auction.html

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I don't think anyone in the discussion board posted about it, so yeah probably only a small fraction of people knew about it...
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

What the heck? Why would something like that not be offered to people that are top-rated power sellers, for example? I fall into that category. Free offerings like that used to be the lifeblood of my ebay program.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I tend to ignore these because I get some 'free' listings through my Store (but since I pay rent for the Store, 'free' definitely should be in quotes).

But I noticed tonight that I have 150 free listings on one of my IDs. That might be a promo or just part of the Store deal.

Like I say, I don't pay much attention, since if I can't make a profit because of a 30 cent fee, I'm doing something wrong.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

If there is going to be a promo at all this month, it will most likely be June 26 or later.  Reasoning behind that date is that's when the last 30 day fixed promos start to end. Any fixed price promo that would start earlier that that might cause sellers to end their current fixed listings so they could re list those items.  I would assume that Ebay would not want to see auctions get ended early, but who knows.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I fully agree with you.  With the increasing fees which includes fees on the shipping that we charge (that we now need to inflate to make up these fees), it is becoming increasingly difficult to do good business.  I find that the traffic is not as high as it used to be ... therefore the auction bidding traffic is don dramatically.  I have not received an invitation for free auctions in months ... something I used to get on a monthly basis.  Not happy with ebay.ca anymore.  Thinking of moving on because just not worth it anymore!

Message 17 of 17
latest reply