Ok PS Canadian's You get to sit down w/ Ebay.ca Staff what would or how would you improve on Ebay.ca

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I really am interested in your thoughts. Say you got to sit down with Ebay.ca Staff CA(pink's)

Some thought's do you list on ebay.ca ? yes no ?

Do you take payment in most Canadian or American Funds

Who do you ship with CP or others

How could you improve Ebay.ca

I really value what other Canadian's ebay's have to say . I find that Canadian's are more too the point , but not rude

I will post my thought after . But would be interested in your thoughts

Todd

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Ok PS Canadian's You get to sit down w/ Ebay.ca Staff what would or how would you improve on Ebay.ca

treasure-pot
Community Member
Todd, thanks for the email but we have already (you and I) discussed our mutual "friend" and there is little reason for me to dwell on it.

On your post, sorry I cannot comment too much on eBay.ca. I list exclusively on .com. Maybe if .ca became a little more responsive to questions asked by sellers (and PS) I might rethink my strategy.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Very good point Bill

One thing I think would be great . If you use the ebay.com site and you are from Canada . If an seller views your closed auctions from Ebay.ca . And you chose in your Ebay perferences to turn the feature on . The total would be in American , however I would like to see the total of the auction including shipping in Canadian to the side of the American
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Hello everyone !

I'm a new powerseller and would like to introduce myself to the community.

I would like to know if anyone knows how to contact eBay to get an account reactivated. My friend got hacked last week and had her user name suspended until she changes her secret question etc.... but it appears as though the emails she needs to receive from eBay are not getting through to her. She has sent numerous emails to eBay and has received no response and is still not up and running. I think in serious cases, where someone's account gets taken over and then suspended that eBay should offer some way of speaking to a real live person to try to get it straightened out. She is a powerseller with 200 + feedback, and in desperation, is considering opening a new account and starting over - just so she can list. Does anyone have any suggestions ???

Thank you kindly for any help, and nice to meet everyone here !

Best regards,
Kelly

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
The front page of ebay's live help often can help
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Thank you for the help !
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
I see no reason to list on ebay.ca. Have not checked out the listing fees but even if it were 1/2 the price I would not list. 99.999% of my orders go south of the border.
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
www-labels4less-com

Call me tonight at 8.00 .

You will never believe who called me this week to go have a chat with them . Also have new that will help reguarding that rep thing
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
I list on eBay.com but my listing also come up when you search for me in eBay.ca. No big deal there.

I bill out in US funds. If someones wants the total converted to CDN, I get it for them. I'd take Canadian Tire Money if the payment got here fast!

I send everything with Canada Post, in person at my local outlet. My postmaster, Pablo, sees me more than my husband.

I would not look at improving eBay.ca without looking at how I could improve the way members follow procedures first. So many complaints would vanish if bidders followed simple procedures and did what they were supposed to do. Less so, but sometimes sellers could improve their lot by keeping up to date with what's going on and participating in the on-line forums. Sure this is computer technology but that's our venue and we have to keep up. I'm a moron and if I can do it anyone can.

Last but not least, I think members would benefit from going down to a flea market or stand beside the cash desk at a retailer for an hour or so. Or stand near a teller's wicket at a bank and watch how they deal with the public. When you return to your computer you will be so grateful that eBay is your work of choice, you will be a lot happier here.

Time for beer! Who's with me?
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Hey bid, make mine a tall red wine but I'm with ya all the way on all points!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
One thing eBay.ca could do is move a little faster on PS support. I find them to be very slow in reacting to NPB's with false contact info. Reports often go unanswered or investigated for several days. That's not what their acknowledgement says the timeline should be.

Either they are investigating a tremendous volume of complaints or they are severely understaffed. Either way they could take a little piece of that large chunk of cash they take from me each month, invest in some resources and get on with making eBay a better place.

It's very frustrating to be told that PS'ers are in priority sequence but to have to wait several days for them to ever take any action.

Bill

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
treasure-pot from what I understand Ebay is working on this. There is a 500 employee customer support in the works for Burnaby BC. This may be nearing completion or open already.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
When I pay for my goofy fishing lures (a wierd habit I know) with BidPay, I have to put in my approved infromation that they have on line. But EVERY TIME I still have to go to my credit card and type on the last three numbers on the back to prove it is me.

So maybe eBay could simply tighten up their registration process on line, perhaps with an added security feature like BidPay. Would it be nuts to have some sort of confirmation deal when you bid?

Maybe this would cut down treasure-pot's very valid concern at the source - before the auction closes.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
1.) List on .com.
2.) US funds only but will do conversions for my Canadian buyers.
3.) Exclusively Canada Post.

I would like to see .ca stay up with .com. With todays technology that should be able to happen. PS support improved. Since the introduction of this board we seem to be a small minority. Or maybe many of us are lurkers. But with what seems to be a considerably small amount of PS's, our support system should be bar none. Allow us to continue to offer suggestions for improvement and actually listening to us.

bidwatcher, I'll join you. Bought a keg of beer last night and boy did it go down fine.

Don
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
1. I'm assuming that most PS's list on .com. I also assume that most of us use an auction management program and I don't know of any of these programs that is able to list on .ca.
2. US dollars by any means except PayPal [I have a phobia 😄 ], but will convert to almost any currency (my credit union doesn't charge extra to clear cheques in most currencies).
3. Very small items, so always Canada Post letter mail.

Perhaps if my auction management program was able to list on .ca I would use it more, but there just aren't enough Canadian users of the program to create a demand for anything other than .com usability.

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 15 of 28
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Glenda,

Turbo Lister can be set to list for Canada. Then, when your list comes up, a Canadian flag symbol comes up beside each listing.

As for your phobia about PayPal, where did that come from? Did you have a bad experience with an on-line pay service as a child? Or perhaps you have a family history of burns by NPB's? I know. A bear in a PayPal shirt attacked your tent while camping!

If you look at the PayPal positive stories, like increased on-line impulse sales, especially BIN's and thousands of successful happy customers, you might open your mind to the benefits of PayPal. You are getting sleepy... sleepy... PayPal... PayPal...
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I list on ebay.com , however I chose to sell internationally . This means I get bids on all ebay sites this includes Ebay.ca

As a PowerSeller I list on ebay.com . But I have spoken to friends who are Powersellers from Canada as well . Both they and I agree ,if you are going to purchase an item . As a Canadian I look on Ebay.ca . The reason , is to prevent duty and taxes being added to the cost. A very good example is my used Dell Laptop
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I NEVER list on .ca I think it would scare off half my buyers. The people south of the border (I ship 75-80% of my items there) are worried enough about buying foreign without getting them worried about having to pay in a foreign currency. Canadians almost expect US currencies on ebay, and I always convert to current Can $ using ebay.ca's conversion rate. That way Canadian buyers can send me a personal Canadian cheque if they like (in point of fact, most pay with paypal in US$). My auctions show up on .ca anyway, so why would I want to miss that huge US market! I send internationally when possible (you know what postage is like over 2 KG!!) to try to maximize the number of people who can bid on my auctions. I seem to be fairly successful at it. Just wish that darn US$ would increase against the Canadian. Much of my profit used to come from the exchange!
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Further to post #10 above, eBay.ca Trust & Safety has responded and NARU'd the NPB with false contact info 4 days after I filed the report. This is not even close to the time frame they suggest that it will take in their automated response.

If this is priority PS support I'd hate to think of what the general community has to put up with.

How can PS folks on .com make a report for false contact info and have bidders NARU'd in less than 24 hours? I have seen this happen a number of times so it concerns me greatly that there are no resources for Canadian Trust & Safety.

Bill

Bill

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

dtech_electric
Community Member
Ebay.com....is a must! The 200 million people south of the border are my first concern and 80% of my business as well. I list everything in US Dollars.

Ebay support...has come along by leaps and bounds in the last year! A year ago you couldn't even find the link to report a bad bidder or seller....Now they have made everything much more accessable....including Support. Stands to reason that they may be temporarily be bogged down at times...I am sure they are working on it....Hats off Ebay!

Paypal....my biggest peave's with paypal are:

1 - That you can transfer money to your bank account for years, but never get confirmed till you give them a credit card.(which they will latch onto and FREEZE if something ever goes wrong).

2 - They never give me phone numbers with the payment notifications. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS. Almost every international shipment requires a phone number....I request them in big CAPITAL letter on all the checkouts and email....Still only about 5% put them in. This simple thing doubles my work load (and emails) somedays....

Message 20 of 28
latest reply